Product Development Manager / Product Development Director (Sportswear) – Station Dongguan, China
|Work exp||10 Years To 15 Years or above|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Insurance plan, Medical plan, Year-end bonus|
|Industry||Manufacturing - Garment|
Manufacturing > Product Development / Product Management
Manufacturing > Others
Our client – an expanding multi-national sportswear group is looking for high caliber candidates to fill up the following position :
- Responsible for building and executing the Strategic plan for Product development Centre that aligns with and supports the Global Manufacturing Strategy – working in collaboration with Global Product Development Director and Director of Liaison Offices to get this done.
- Keep abreast of the current and future Product / prototyping / sampling / special project needs of various Brands / Categories and work with Global Product Development director to Plan, prioritise, communicate and execute at the highest level to help the Brands fulfil their brand promise.
- Support Innovation and Design efforts of the Brands by providing the infrastructure for rapid and robust scientific experimentation and executing the requests with expected confidentiality. Research, refine and present construction solutions that enable the Brands to launch and scale new product ideas in the market with high quality, reliability and speed.
- Lead the adoption of world class, lean inspired manufacturing practices at the DC operations aimed at a) relentlessly improving safety, quality, delivery, sustainability and cost metrics of the DC & developing manufacturing best practices that can be shared with our Vendor Partners for improving our overall Supply Chain performance.
- Provide leadership and direction to the technical team in DC to – develop, document and deliver technical training on special product technologies, product construction standard operating procedures, manufacturing best practices etc. aimed at continuously improving the company’s product and operational excellence.
- Provide Leadership to day to day operations of DC facility upholding the core values of the company and ensuring compliance with the company corporate governance guidelines. Act as the legal representative / main liaison for the location and engage with relevant governmental and non-governmental bodies enabling full compliance with applicable local and national legislations.
- Manage the team in a manner that promotes employee job satisfaction while achieving office performance expectations. Ensure job roles and responsibilities are clearly defined for all job levels. Drive the Human Resource management process within the office – including Org design, Hiring, Training, Succession planning, goal setting, performance management etc.
- Establish and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (CSC Brands, Regions, Home Office, Liaison Offices, Raw Material and Finished Goods vendors) to enable seamless communication, effective problem solving and timely execution to set targets. Keep abreast of industry trends in product development and manufacturing technology and facilitate visibility to the same for internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, fashion, engineering, industrial design or a similar field.
- A strong understanding of pattern engineering, costing, quality implications, proto typing, innovation management, customs, patents, and manufacturing processes.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English and business level proficiency in local language (Mandarin/Cantonese) to deal with various levels of management and employees within the organization, local government agencies and external vendor partners.
- Having a good knowledge of running a Factory/Sampling operation in China is a preference.
- Strong organizational skills - at least 10 years work experience in senior management position in Product Development of which 5 years is in managing managers.
5 day work and attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidates, interested parties please send detailed resume to The Human Resources Manager by email : email@example.com