Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor – Department of Economics and Finance (Full-time)
- plan, develop, coordinate and deliver specialist modules;
- assist in programme development, management and validation;
- engage in research, scholarly and administration activities; and
- perform any other duties as assigned.
- possess a Doctoral PhD Degree in a related discipline;
- have a high level of subject knowledge, skills and competence in the academic or professional discipline concerned;
- have solid teaching and research experience in related areas;
- have a successful track record of academic/professional experience in tertiary teaching (Bachelor and Master levels), and/or professional services;
- have relevant practical experience in the finance industry;
- have a strong research record or potential for scholarly research and publications; and
- have a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese preferably.
Applicants with relevant industry experience and professional qualifications will be an advantage. Preference will be given to the applicant who is a specialist in Alternative Investment, Compliance & Regulations and Wealth Management; or a specialist in finance with expertise in Investment Management, Risk Management, and Behavioural Finance.
For Professor applications, candidates would in additional require to have over 20 years extensive work experience in Finance industry serving in senior positions with great connection to the industry to develop consultancy/research projects and placement/internship in finance related areas.