Start Date: Negotiable, immediate start preferred
School Description: Grow With Us
Fairchild Junior Academy playgroup (FJA) opened in February 2016 and is the first step in our ambitious plan to develop schools to provide a through train school system that includes Playgroups, Kindergartens and Primary to Grade 12. We opened our second centre, Fairchild Kindergarten (FK) in Sai Ying Pun in December 2016 which is now awaiting Education Bureau licensing and registration.
Fairchild Kindergarten is housed in Sai Ying Pun and occupies 8,000 square feet of learning space with plans to offer programs for children 1 to 6 years. Working with our talented architect and designer, we are creating purpose-built classrooms for children to experience the natural elements of wood, water, sand and soil, along with planting gardens, cooking & creative arts area and indoor playground.
School Mission: To cultivate curiosity, creativity and confidence in each child through an inquiry-based approach to learning.
- Greet and direct parents, caregivers, students and visitors to the Fairchild Kindergarten in a positive way in keeping with our mission and ethos that it is a happy place
- Address inquiries by phone, e-mail, or personal contact; relay messages; interact positively and assist students and educators when necessary
- Provide IT and technology support to educators including usage and management of both software and hardware to enable effective documentation and classroom teaching. Manage FK Facebook account and posts, twitter, YouTube channel, etc.
- Familiarity with Google Education applications: Drive, Calendar, Forms, Survey and related Google apps.
- Basic knowledge of marketing/advertising for program promotion
- Maintain all office and record keeping systems, for example: student enrolment, attendance, incidents, parent reports, budgets, etc.
- Assist the Head of Early Childhood Education and Vice Principal by formatting, editing and proofreading a variety of templates and communication materials (e.g. school newsletters, internal memorandum, performance appraisals, notices to parents etc.)
- Operate standard office equipment including computer (word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, data bases), photocopier and fax, binding/laminating machine.
- Be ready to lend a hand to educators during classroom time. Everyone who works at the Kindergarten is a part of the team who works with children.
- Answer phone calls and questions from parents with a working knowledge of the Kindergarten.
Hours of Work:
- 5 to 6 days a week including Saturdays
Required and Preferred Qualifications and Experiences:
- Genuine interest in and love of children (required)
- Any combination of training/experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties as described (required)
- Fluency in both English and Chinese languages - written and spoken (required)
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision (required)
- Working knowledge of office procedures and standard office equipment, software and applications (required)
- A positive, collaborative team-player with a caring and responsible approach to all major duties (required)
- Advanced IT skills to support educators (required)
- University Degree (preferred)
- Work experience in other schools, kindergartens, playgroup settings (preferred)
- Qualification as a Google Certified Educator L1, L2, Trainer or Innovator (preferred)