Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. Marsh helps clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Marsh’s approximately 30,000 colleagues work together to serve clients in more than 130 countries. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies(NYSE: MMC), a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and people. With annual revenue of US$13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Guy Carpenter, a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer, a leader in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman, a leader in management consulting. Follow Marsh on Twitter, @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube.
Project Manager - Transaction Risk, Asia
|Work exp||5 Years To 7 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Discretionary bonus, Dental plan, Medical plan|
Banking / Finance > Project / Export Finance
Banking / Finance > Research / Analysis
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Account Servicing
Practice / Unit: Private Equity and M&A Services
Reports To: Asia Pacific Transaction Risk Head
To undertake the following:
- sales / marketing and relationship management;
- project management and consultancy; and
- insurance placement.
in the provision of transactional risk insurance (including warranty & indemnity insurance, tax and other contingent insurances) to Marsh’s corporate and private equity clients and to the corporate finance advisory community including lawyers and accountants.
Detailed competencies for this role are:
- Prior experience in legal, M&A or corporate fields – minimum 5 years
- Familiar with SPA warranties and indemnities
- Familiar with legal due diligence on M&A transactions
- Familiar with Asia M&A deals
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong Chinese verbal communication skills;
- Strong relationship-building and networking skills;
- High proficiency in MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Tertiary qualifications in Law preferred;
- Ability to work independently in a high paced dynamic work environment;
- Ability to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of general instructions;
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently; and
- Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality with flexibility to work beyond standard work hours as required from time to time.
- Knowledge and usage of warranty and indemnity insurance is an added advantage
Sales / Marketing and Relationship Management
- Seek and build strong relationships with private equity and Marsh corporate clients during the M&A cycle with a view to obtaining Transactional Risk engagements;
- Seek and build strong relationships with lawyers, accountants and other advisors in the corporate finance community for the purposes of obtaining referrals for Transactional Risk engagements;
- Work with Marsh personnel on the ground in Asia-Pacific to increase the flow of enquiries through from Marsh corporate and private equity clients and the advisory community; and
- Play key role in the writing and publication of the Transactional Risk’s teams Quarterly Update to clients and advisors.
Project Management / Consultancy
- Provide consulting and Transactional Risk advice to clients in a lead capacity;
- Take ownership of projects, selecting and co-ordinating the core project teams drawn from MMC if applicable; and
- Lead new business initiatives and defensives including referral generation.
Insurance Market Interaction and Placement
- Undertake appropriate research and analysis to select insurance markets and design an insurance programme to meet the client’s requirements;
- Provide recommendations and advice to the client on placement strategy, market conditions and the recommended insurance programme and including, where appropriate, presentations to the client;
- Conduct negotiations with the insurers on all aspects of the programme terms, including the policy wording;
- Execute the insurance programme in accordance with the client’s instructions; and
- Co-ordinate appropriate resource to respond to client claim notifications.
- A minimum of USD300k per annum in new business revenue, adjusted annually.
- Tertiary qualifications.
- To attain CGI qualifications.