Founded in 1886, The Wharf (Holdings) Limited is a listed subsidiary of Wheelock and Company Limited with consolidated assets of HK$444 billion. Wharf is active in Hong Kong and China with prime real estate as primary strategic focus. Site acquisition, development and marketing are its core competencies while mall development and retail management remain its strategic differentiation. Investment Properties including flagships Harbour City and Times Square is the backbone of Wharf’s business model.
Wharf China Development Limited is the property development arm of the Wharf Group in China. Wharf owns a land bank of about 8.4 million square metres, spanning 15 cities including 5 International Finance Square (“IFS”) development in Chengdu, Changsha, Chongqing, Wuxi and Suzhou, with a scale comparable to or surpassing that of Harbour City and Times Square in Hong Kong.
Join our winning team and make a difference in your career !
Property Business Development Manager (Ref: CPON_BDM_1)
|Work exp||Minimum 10 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Property / Real Estate Development|
Construction / Property > Surveying / Valuations / Investment
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Business Development
Sales / Business Development / Customer Service > Property Sales
The incumbent will be responsible for identifying and exploring property development opportunities in Mainland China and following through the assigned development projects from inception to development completion.
Duties include deal sourcing, feasibility study, financial modeling and analysis, and market research; assisting in due diligence and valuation; preparing proposals, business plans and budgets; monitoring project progress and marketing programmes; and liaising with local government on land matters and obtaining approval permits; etc.
The ideal candidates should be/possess :
- qualified surveyors in General Practice with a MBA degree is preferred
- at least 10 years’ relevant property development experience with solid experience in valuation, acquisition and disposal/sale of Mainland China commercial and residential properties
- in-depth knowledge and good exposure in the property development market, business / economic environment, government structures and regulations of Mainland China
- excellent integrity, confident and assertive to interact and negotiate diplomatically with business partners, local authorities and JV partners
- detail-minded with strong commercial and common sense and the ability to plan, organize and lead effectively and independently
- a team player with excellent integrity and good communication and interpersonal skills
- proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese / Putonghua is essential
- able to travel frequently to Mainland China