The Public Affairs Department provides a full range of proactive communications functions to the Club including the formulation of communication strategy, issue management, racing and non-racing media relations; racing, betting, charity information and overall publicity; as well as organisation of corporate PR programmes and projects.
- provide risk assessment and mitigation / communications support for betting and marketing activities as well as the business activities of internal departments
- assist in the cultivation of a constructive working relationship with the media and other external stakeholders.
- assist in corporate reputation management and organizational enhancement
- develop communications materials both for internal and external stakeholders
- advise the management on the latest media and social media environment
- engage with the media and address media requests
You should have:
- a degree in related discipline
- at least eight years' relevant experience in journalism or public relations
- solid experiences in media relations and public affairs as well as a strong network with the media and other relevant stakeholders
- solid knowledge and experience in public affairs including issues and crisis management
- critical thinking and strategic mindset
- solid knowledge of the media and political landscape
- strong media network
- excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualification and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply
Please fax/mail your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
1 Sports Road, Happy Valley