Baker Tilly International is one of the world’s leading networks of independently owned and managed accountancy and business advisory firms united by a commitment to provide exceptional quality service. Every day, 28,000 people in 141 countries share experiences and expertise to help privately held businesses and public interest entities meet challenges and proactively respond to opportunities. International capability and global consistency of service are central to the way we work.
REGIONAL DIRECTOR - ASIA PACIFIC
We currently have an opportunity for a Regional Director - Asia Pacific to join Baker Tilly International. The Regional Director is responsible for the day to day operations of the Asia Pacific region and the development and execution of the regional strategic plan. A key part of the role is to develop and maintain strong relationships with the member firms in the region and to support and assist them on internationalising their practice and growth of their cross-border business.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• To prepare and ensure the delivery of the Regional Strategic Plan as approved by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
• To build and maintain strong relationships with the member firms in the region
• To liaise regularly with and provide regional updates to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• To carry out the actions agreed by the COO
• To carry out the actions agreed by Regional Chair and the Regional Advisory Council
• To work with the Regional Chair in the execution of their responsibilities
• To manage the regional budget as approved by the CEO
• To ensure business plans are prepared, planned actions achieved and the regional committees are run effectively and meet regularly
• To be responsible for the organisation and management of the regional conference, with the COO
• To carry out an agreed programme of member firm visits, assisting their development and to enhance mutual understanding of the network strategy
• To assist in developing and executing member firm strategies
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be degree qualified in accounting, business or a related discipline with expertise in a professional services environment. You will have experience in the development of strategic and operational activities and possess effective presentation skills with an energetic approach to work.
Strong organisational skills, the ability to work independently and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in this role. You must have excellent written and spoken English, whilst your Chinese language skills will be advantageous.
Please note this role will require frequent travel within the Asia Pacific region. (Time Commitment: Travel 40-50%)
We offer an attractive remuneration package (commensurate with experience), excellent career prospects in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Our continuing expansion and growth offer numerous opportunities.
If you consider yourself the appropriate choice, please forward your CV (along with a covering letter) to Nicole Adamides, Global Head of Learning and Development, Baker Tilly International, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please send to:
Baker Tilly International
Juxon House, 100 St Paul’s Churchyard
London EC4M 8BU
Selected candidates will be notified by phone for interview arrangements within 4 weeks. Applications of unsuccessful candidates will be deleted immediately after screening.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the Employer's Personal Data Policies, a copy of which will be provided upon request.