Founded in 2002 with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Beijing and Shanghai, ALS International is a leading executive search firm specialising in the Financial Services, Legal, and Commerce sectors. Our consultants are industry experts and experienced recruitment professionals with strong global networks and extensive knowledge of the local market. We are dedicated to helping candidates to take their career forward.
For further information, please visit our website at www.alsrecruit.com.
Regional Revenue and Credit Control Accountant
- Leading professional firm
- Regional role( Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing and Singapore)
- HKD 25,000 to HKD 40,000 per month
- Directly report to the Senior Finance Manager
- Conduct regular training for the internal stakeholders on billing and debt collection and actively engage and challenge to promote improvement across the region;
- Responsible to minimize the working capital cycle by engage stakeholders to actively bill on a monthly basis whilst engaging clients for prompt bill settlement;
- Complete and distribute the missing time report for teams responsible and chase individuals;
- Send out monthly WIP reports to internal management
- Send out statements of account for WIP and Debt, moneys on account to clients on a monthly basis where appropriate;
- Responsible for chasing late bills before month end closure;
- Coordinate interoffice bills;
- Provision of billing guides
- Support the Senior Finance Manager in weekly service delivery calls and identify route cause to enable issue resolution;
- Identifying incorrect processing by secretaries / billing team through coding
- Liaise with clients, secretaries and the database team to update client records with relevant address and contact details and ensure client details are up to date;
- Recommend improvements for all matters from time recording through to debt settlement to drive efficiencies, maximise debt collection and maximise revenue for the firm;
- Ledger reviews, triage clients when required, manage escalation to relevant level;
- To be a ‘one stop shop’ on revenue and credit control for the global finance team, secretaries and support the HQ revenue control team in unlocking WIP and Debt across the region;
- Liaison with the Senior Finance Manager and other team members in relation to target setting, commercial drivers, risk clients and the day to day financial protocols, to avoid duplication, overlapping and conflicting messages;
- Support the Senior Finance manager and other team members to drive the stakeholders to achieve set targets, through provision of support and education to secretaries, on areas such time recording, billing protocols, cash collection & housekeeping;
- Provide sophisticated analysis of the working capital ledgers, own risk assessment whilst being responsible for the highlighting to relevant stakeholders areas of concern and recommendations to resolve.
- Maintain accurate notes of the credit control database;
- Ownership of the reduction of debt provisions, aged disbursement, aged WIP, ensuring no non-billable time is recorded in the WIP ledgers;
- Responsible for the regular contact with clients for overdue debts through telephone, email and letter communication.
- Responsible for recording conversations and agreements with clients on actions taken on the firms debt logs for review by the Senior Finance Manager and working capital management team;
- Holding regular meetings with stakeholders (Senior Finance Manager, Secretaries, Working capital management team) to temperature check service and also provide current status of billing and clients working capital issues in addition to providing regular (at least monthly) updates to the HQ Working Capital Management team;
- Ownership of the regions compliance to SAR rules in relation to client money cash inflow / outflow and dormant balances.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Fluent/ Native English language skill is a must whilst Fluent/ Native Cantonese and Putonghua is require
- Experience of revenue and credit control is a distinct advantage
- Proficient in MS Office and Chinese Word Processing
- Demonstration of team working, out of the box thinking and ability to work across borders with remote teams
- Committed to work and willing to help and grow with the team
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and able to build trust and a strong working relationship with secretaries to unlock process flows