Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2013 global revenue of $4 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com.
Jones Lang LaSalle has over 50 years of experience in Asia Pacific, with over 17,500 employees operating in more than 80 offices in 13 countries across the region.
We seek to recruit a diverse workforce, develop and promote exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds, and embrace the varied experiences of all our employees.
Regional Risk & Compliance Manager - ASP
|Work exp||3 Years To 5 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Property Management / Consultancy|
Banking / Finance > Account / Relationship Management
Legal / Professional Services > Legal & Compliance
Banking / Finance > Risk Management
Account Global Risk and Compliance Director
Number of Subordinates
Ranges from 0 – 3 (currently 0 direct reports, plus indirect oversight/coaching of other team members)
As a member of the Risk Management Team, the Regional Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for developing, deploying, supporting, and managing the JLL Risk Management strategy, as well as managing overall risk to JLL and the client across the client’s regional and global portfolio.
Goals (but not limited to):
- Development, implementation, and management of the account’s internal and client facing risk and compliance program, pertaining to all contractual obligations, JLL and Client policy and procedures, to align with firm and account programs
- Delivery of education and understanding of the program by the global, regional, and country JLL teams
- Successful delivery of the contract requirements
- Resolution of delivery issues with the affected managers/sites
- Implementation of Risk management program with JLL and client’s teams, including JLL IFM, projects, transactions, estates management, occupancy planning, strategic consulting, Legal and Risk
- Measure and report regional status and progress of the program, including regular updates and auditing of compliance
- Promote a positive, proactive culture within the account, and with the client
- Continual Global and Regional monitoring, assessment, and reporting of account compliance/risk health with trending positive results, minimization of costly errors
- Act as global subject matter expert for assigned areas of responsibility within the Global Risk and Compliance team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following but are not limited to as other duties may be assigned.
- Accountable for overall risk and compliance performance across Asia Pacific portfolio for all services provided to our client, as well as accountable for global performance of key assigned programs.
- Incident Management processes definition and trending of incidents, including root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- BCP development and implementation. Ensure routine testing and documentation is in place, and that teams across the globe are educated and complying with requirements.
- Understand our client and MSA requirements, acting as the SPOC within the region to identify and address scope alignment issues in partnership with regional and global management. Provides technical guidance to both client and JLL teams.
- Leads countries and region in support of client’s internal audit, reviews and regulatory audits.
- Manages countries and regions in support of JLL’s internal audit , reviews and regulatory audits
- Monitor compliance to the MSA, Statutory Requirements, and the client Policies and Procedures regionally through MSA and FIM risk assessments and sampling
- Ensure auditing at country and site level is completed per the agreed plans through monitoring procedures and leadership of sampling programs
- Monitor account performance utilizing the established account reporting, meetings and discussions, and other applicable information sources (may include development of routine and ad hoc reports on risk related matters)
Lead the Risk Champion program within your region
Implement and ensure compliance to the Anti-bribery and Anti-Corruption program within your region
Lead the development and maintenance of the Country Level Risk Register within your region
Meet regularly with the Client ,Country, Regional and Global JLL leadership to provide assurance and advice on various risk and compliance matters
Participate in the resolution of high level risk events, including legal, sensitive incidents, and insurance claims
Establish and implement necessary communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across the Account.
Report as necessary on changes in standards (internally and externally initiated) and on performance against standards.
- Manage and support special projects across the account as required.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, global service line leads, executive leadership, and JLL legal and risk where impacting/affected by risk and compliance issues.
- Monitor and maintain the governance processes across the account through annual audit, inspection and monitoring programmes.
- Ensure Risk and Compliance training is delivered within your area of responsibility
- Support the supplier risk and compliance programs (ORCA and the Supplier Risk Assessment) in conjunction with global and regional sourcing and SCCP.
- Build tools, policies and best practices in support of all deliverables.
- Understand and communicate client’s internal R&C strategy, policies and controls.
- Respond to all ad hoc inquiries and deliverables regarding operational risk and compliance inquiries
Key Performance Measures
- Active participation in Risk and Compliance program development, implementation and improvement
- Leadership and development of global processes, to be assigned and agreed individually
- Global and Regional Compliance to established JLL Audits and the client’s Audits and Reviews
- Leadership of the Risk Champion program regionally, evidenced by active engagement across all countries
- Improvement in relevant account key performance indicators and Super KPI results
- Contributes to the growth of the account and firm through collaboration and best practice sharing across accounts and JLL corporate
- Self-motivated team player, with the ability to work independently without direct instruction and in a highly matrixed team, influencing multi-cultural and highly geographically dispersed teams remotely
- Proven Leadership, with the ability to work with higher level managers, as well as site facility and engineering managers
- Must have a pragmatic and cost effective approach to risk and compliance management while ensuring high bank requirements are fully met
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of risk and compliance concepts, theories, and principles
- Strong interpersonal skills including perseverance, influencing, persuading & negotiation skills
- Basic understanding and ability to apply knowledge and skills in relation to Quality and Risk Management standards (e.g., ISO9001/ISO31000)
- Problem Solving, including the ability to use strong logic and linkage of related data points to solve problems and create effective new solutions
- At least 3-5 years management experience within a risk, compliance, legal, audit, or related field.
- Acumen of facilities management processes and other service delivery areas and their systems.
- Practical working knowledge of up-to-date risk management processes.
- Experience advising senior management at policy level.
- Significant practical experience of problem solving issues in a dynamic/diverse, time sensitive environment.
- Experience investigating incidents, identification of root cause, and reporting objectively.
- Demonstration of effective problem solving.
- Change management experience.
- Ability to develop effective and easy to use processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, through presentations and reporting.
- Ideally, Degree in Quality, Risk or Legal fields
- Real Estate License or other Commercial Real Estate, Facilities management experience
- Lead Auditor qualification or experience
- Quality management qualifications.
- Membership of the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA) or National equivalent desirable.
- Six Sigma trained, and/or Process Management experience desirable
- Second language a plus