Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
Supported by a grant from the Research Grants Council (RGC), the Research Institute for Business is established to provide support and to coordinate research efforts in business research so as to advance the understanding of business practices with a focus of local relevance. The Research Institute for Business targets to enhance HSMC’s research capability in business.
The Research Institute will organise a wide range of research activities such as organizing conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums, conducting surveys and experiments, and publishing research findings on business and relating disciplines.
The College now invites applications for the following position:
Research Assistant – Research Institute for Business
- Assist the Director of the Research Institute for Business and the project team in conducting various research and opinion surveys as well as implementing projects;
- Implement a variety of research duties, including but not limited to library material search, literature review and data collection; and
- Participate in the organisation of a wide range of research activities including but not limited to seminars, workshops and symposiums.
- Possess a bachelor's degree, preferably in Business or Social Sciences; and
- Preferably have research experience, including coursework in research methods.
Fresh graduates will also be considered.