The Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) at the National Institute of Education (Singapore) is looking for a Research Scientist or a Senior Research Scientist to join our research efforts. We are interested in candidates for positions with expertise in sociology of education, innovation education, values education, educational choice, transitions and pathways, and youth identity formation. Methodological preferences will be given for expertise in longitudinal (qualitative and quantitative) and ethnographic studies. We currently have funded baseline studies and intervention programmes. Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply for the positions. Successful applicants will work with a team of researchers at CRPP.
Research Scientist/ Senior Research Scientist in CRPP
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (e.g., sociology of education, innovation education, values/civics/character/citizenship education);
- Experience in cutting edge educational research, addressing challenges in education;
- A track record of publications in the field;
- Track record of external funding;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) and inter-personal skills
- Ability to build productive professional relationships with government ministries, NGOs, charity organisations
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead in a multi-cultural team environment.
The successful candidate is expected to apply for and conduct quality research on issues related to education. Successful candidates will collaborate with colleagues within CRPP on pre-existing research projects focusing on system studies in education, educational policies, and student learning. In particular, candidates will be expected to develop and implement a programmatic field of research that will address key contemporary challenges in Singapore education; communicate sophisticated educational research to audiences including key stakeholders in the Singapore Ministry of Education and National Institute of Education. In addition, candidates will also be expected to participate in research of strategic importance to the CRPP and the Office of Education Research (OER), work collaboratively to chart new directions for educational research, as well as contribute to some administrative service, teaching, and/or supervision of students.
Applicants should complete and submit the following item/s:
- Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position.
- A resume including a publication list, names of three referees and your desired starting date of employment.
- 1 to 3 of your best publications.
- Research statement indicating your research interests.
- Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications.
Please indicate the position number (CRPP RS Core Innovation CCE) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to email@example.com
For enquiries on the position, interested applicants can contact Dr Dennis Kwek, Assistant Dean OER (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate is found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Note to applicants:
- You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
- We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
- By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.