The Office of Education Research (OER) of the National Institute of Education comprises the Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP), Learning Sciences Lab (LSL) and Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL).
The Education and Cognitive Development Laboratory (ECDL) at the National Institute of Education (Singapore) is looking for a Research Scientist or Senior Research Scientist to join our research efforts. Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply for the position. We currently have funded longitudinal and intervention studies focused on early childhood development, executive functioning, mathematics learning difficulties, language acquisition, and disabilities. We are interested in candidates with expertise in the following areas: (1) translation of findings from developmental and cognitive research to classroom and other applied settings; (2) use of online technologies to communicate with stakeholders (school leaders, teachers, parents); (3) professional learning and development for teachers of children in early to middle childhood.
Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist in the Education & Cognitive Development Lab (Knowledge Translation)
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline (e.g., psychology, cognitive development, education, teacher development);
- Prior practical and research experience in the area of knowledge translation and dissemination;
- A track record of publications in the field;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to ECDL’s existing projects as well as apply for her/his own projects. In addition, the appointee will be expected to participate in research of strategic importance to the ECDL, contributing to some administrative service, teaching, and/or supervision of students.
Review of applicants will continue until suitable candidates are found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Applicants should complete and submit the following item/s:
- Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position.
- A resume including a publication list, names of three referees and your desired starting date of employment.
- 1 to 3 of your best publications.
- Research statement indicating your research interests.
- Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications.
Please indicate the position number (ECDL RS Dec15) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants:
- You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
- We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
- By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.