The Office of Education Research (OER) of the National Institute of Education comprises the Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP), Learning Sciences Lab (LSL) and Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL).
The Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) at the National Institute of Education (Singapore), is looking for Research Scientists or Senior Research Scientists to join our research efforts. We are interested in candidates for positions with expertise in New Pedagogies, Teacher Learning and Professional Development, Collaborative Learning, Sociology of Education, broader social context of Education or Cross-cultural Comparative Studies. We currently have funded longitudinal studies and intervention programmes. Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply for the positions. Successful applicants will work with a team of researchers at CRPP.
Research Scientists or Senior Research Scientists
For Position 1 focusing on Educational Policies and Pedagogical Practices (EPPP)
Ph.D. with an emphasis in Sociology of Education
For Position 2 focusing on Teacher Learning and Professional Development (TLPD)
PhD with an emphasis in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Learning
- A passion for, and a track record of, research in the field of new pedagogies, teacher learning and professional development;
- Strong working knowledge of various qualitative research methodologies;
- Training in, or a record in longitudinal research would be an advantage;
- Record of scholarly productivity or evidence of emerging research agenda;
- Ability to build productive professional relationships with schools and practitioner communities;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written English) and inter-personal skills; and
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
Successful candidates will collaborate with colleagues within CRPP on pre-existing research projects focusing on either Educational Policies and Pedagogical Practices or Teacher Learning and Professional Development. Candidates will also be expected to participate in research of strategic importance to the CRPP and OER, as well as to contribute to some administrative service, teaching, and/or supervision of students.
Applicants should complete and submit the following item/s:
- for (Personal Particulars Form).
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position
- A resume including a publication list, names of three referees and your desired starting date of employment
- 1 to 3 of your best publications
- Research statement indicating your research interests
- Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications
Please indicate the position number CRPP RS Dec15/EPPP or CRPP RS Dec15/TLPD in the email subject heading and send your application to
Review of applicants will continue until suitable candidates are found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
Note to applicants:
- You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
- We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
- By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.