Established by the Government in 1989, The Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK) has five academic units, namely the School of Arts & Social Sciences, Lee Shau Kee School of Business & Administration, School of Education & Languages, School of Science & Technology, and the Li Ka Shing Institute of Professional & Continuing Education. Through them, we provide full-time and part-time programmes at undergraduate, post-graduate, and sub-degree levels.
Today we have over 9,500 full-time and 10,000 part-time students in the four Schools at the OUHK with about 220 programmes of studies. In addition, there are about 2,500 full-time/part-time students studying in our extension arm. The OUHK spirit is a culmination of a relentless pursuit of academic excellence and a creative approach to learning and teaching. Reaching out to our next generation and across the borders through advanced web technologies has been our principal goal in the past years.
RPL Assessment Writer (Freelance)
We are now inviting application(s) for the following freelance appointment in the School of Science & Technology:
RPL Assessment Writer (Freelance) (Ref: 17-RPLAW-7-O)
The appointee will be responsible for preparing the questions and assessment scripts used in the written test and practical assessment respectively in advance during the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)* Assessment. Topics include the following:
• Measurement Uncertainty (Chemical Testing)
• Measurement Uncertainty (Microbiological Testing)
• Chemical Testing (Organic Analysis)
• Physical and Mechanical Testing (Bituminous Materials)
• Chemical Testing on Construction Materials
• Measurement Traceability (Chemical Testing)
• Measurement Traceability (Microbiological Testing)
• Measurement Traceability (Physical Testing)
• Inspection of Waterworks Products
*Please visit https://www.hkqf.gov.hk/en/rpl/index.html for further information of RPL.
Applicants should have
1a. At least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) plus at least five years of relevant industrial experience in the corresponding discipline, OR
1b. At least a Higher Certificate (or equivalent) plus at least ten years of relevant industrial experience in the corresponding Testing/Inspection/Certification discipline;
2. Good command of English and Chinese; and
3. Experiences in conducting technical assessment preferred.
Terms of Appointment
Successful candidates will be appointed on a freelance basis.