Global Sources is a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with Greater China.
The core business facilitates trade between Asia and the world using English-language media such as online marketplaces (GlobalSources.com), trade shows, magazines, and apps.
More than 1 million international buyers, including 95 of the world's top 100 retailers, use these services to obtain product and company information to help them source more profitably from overseas supply markets. These services also provide suppliers with integrated marketing solutions to build corporate image, generate sales leads and win orders from buyers in more than 240 countries and territories.
Now in its fifth decade, Global Sources has been publicly listed on the NASDAQ since 2000.
Objectives & Scope:
Support VP, Corporate Affairs on all work-related issues. Also provide support on departmental administrative issues.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Secretarial support for VP, Corporate Affairs
- Travel arrangement, expenses reimbursement and other secretarial support
2. Support other team members on PR related initiatives including press kit preparation, media tracking, media coverage library maintenance and other related event logistics
3. Departmental administrative duties
- Provide administrative support for the department
- Prepare monthly reports as required by Department Head
4. Handle dispatch of premiums should there be any requests
5. Handle translation of media coverage, media coverage tracking
6. Provide PR support to the team on a daily basis.
- Form 7 or above, formal secretarial training preferred
- Experience in administrative functions, preferably with 5 years’ secretarial experience
- Good command of English and Chinese (both in written and spoken). Fluent in Putonghua speaking is a must
- Experience in PR/Communications industry would be a definite advantage
- Hands on experience in PC operation, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.,
- Detailed-oriented, good interpersonal skill, emotionally quotient (a must), can work under pressure, self-motivated, energetic and multi-tasked
*Can offer the position of Senior Secretary if the successful candidate posses adequate experience and qualification.