Senior Asia Correspondent (Ref: CTL-ED-SAC)The SCMP is recruiting candidates for leading our coverage of regional diplomatic and security issues, specifically on the interactions between China and the rest of the region. The correspondent will write news for both the newspaper and for This Week in Asia, a new product to be launched in August as part of the revamped Sunday Morning Post. The Asia correspondent will be expected to break exclusive news as well as write analysis and commentary on critical issues. They will cover important territorial wranglings over the South China Sea and regional forums such as ASEAN and APEC, and shed light on the critical geopolitical relationship between China and the United States and Washington's diplomatic efforts in Asia.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Investigate and write exclusives and original stories on Asia and the region
- Offer commentaries and analysis
- Produce content across all platforms
- Lead teams for special coverage of regional events
- Journalists with specialist Northeast or Southeast Asian knowledge and reporting experience preferred
- Experience in covering China and North Asia diplomacy critical; Chinese language an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of writing and/or team-leading experience
- Proven ability to produce original content on Asia and the region
- Applicants should have strong contacts among newsmakers across the region
- Excellent writing skills to convey complex stories in a simple engaging manner
- Candidate with less experience may consider for Asia Correspondent
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Interested parties please send curriculum vitae with full career details, salary history, availability and expected salary to the Human Resources Division, Morning Post Centre, 22 Dai Fat Street, Tai Po Industrial Estate, New Territories, Hong Kong or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mark ‘Private & Confidential’ and quote reference.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our Personal Information Collection Statement, a copy of which will be provided upon request sent to us at the address indicated above. You may consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 6 weeks.