LEIGHTON ASIA, established in 1975, is a leading international construction company, delivers a portfolio of high-profile infrastructure projects throughout Asia, operations specialise in civil engineering and infrastructure, rail, roads and tunnels, as well as building works.
We are a member of the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s largest leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. Our Group Principles are Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery. Safety is more than a Principle, it underpins everything we do.
As a leading construction provider, Leighton Asia is what it is today because of our people. Our people are the key asset driving the business. One of the Group’s highest priorities is to create a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for all our people.
We invite high-calibre candidates to fill the following position in Hong Kong.
Senior Finance Manager
Opportunity to join the Asian arm of a leading Global Construction Group, which encompasses circa 50 projects across multiple geographies within Asia. Reporting to the CFO and Group Financial Controller, the role involves significant exposure to senior management within the Asian Group Company and the International Holding Company. The primary function of the role will be to be a senior member of the Finance team with responsibility of key Finance and Accounting deliverables, whilst also supporting the CFO to lead a series of specific finance projects.
- Assisting the Group FC to manage a team of 6 people
- Close working relationship with Treasury, Tax and Business Performance functions to provide technical advice on accounting and finance issues impacting those functions
Finance & Accounting
- Management of external audit process
- Advise on key technical matters for compliance of accounting standards
- Acting as a key contact in the implementation of the new IFRS15 standard, supporting the Australia headquarters implementation
- Review statutory accounts across Group
- Review of monthly financial and management reporting requirements, closely working with the Business Performance function
- Providing advice on technical aspects of key special projects within the Finance Function
- Leading various ad hoc projects for the Finance Function
- Management of the restructure and closure of dormant legal entities across the Group
- Technical advice on the wind up of entities to be closed down
Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Review and standardisation of internal controls across the Group
- Leading to update of the Group’s processes and financial policies for the Finance Function
- Involvement in the new ERP Implementation across the Group
- Responsible for the implementation for the Corporate office’s implementation
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related disciplines, preferably a fully qualified accountant
- 15+ years working experience
- 8 years of relevant working experience in large, multi-locational organisation