Founded in 1901 as China Light and Power Company Limited in Hong Kong, CLP Group has grown from a Hong Kong-based power utility into a leading investor and operator in the Asia Pacific Region’s electricity market. Its portfolio comprises over 60 generation assets of gas, coal, nuclear and renewable energy, distribution and transmission assets and retail operations. The CLP Group is owned by CLP Holdings, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong.
Senior IT Analyst – Engineering [Ref. CLPP-ITG-GADS-COE-ENG-SITA-E]
We are looking for a high caliber professional to join the Centre of Excellence – Engineering of Information Technology Group of CLP Power Hong Kong Limited.
The appointee will undertake the following duties:
- Understand business requirement and identify functional requirements for IT initiatives
- Provide business consulting and lead the continuous improvement of business processes on IT platforms
- Involve in communication and change management processes associated with the implementation of major IT initiatives and organize training for users to ensure efficient use of computer applications
- Develop business case justifications for new IT systems to ensure applications delivering business benefits in a cost-effective manner
- Conduct post-implementation review of IT projects with users to verify the projected benefits being realized and business requirement being fulfilled
- Partner with IT technical teams to assess and evaluate new opportunities for introducing new IT technology to enhance the performance of the business
- Perform project management of IT projects
- Ensure existing applications being maintained and enhanced in a timely and efficient manner to cater for changes in the business environment
- A recognized university degree in Information Technology, Business Management, Finance, or relevant disciplines. Business Analyst certification from HKITPC would be an advantage
- At least 5 years' relevant working experience in business process improvement
- Ability to identify, analyze and assess the requirements of different users and to translate these requirements into functional requirements for IT systems
- Business-minded, performance-driven and results-oriented
- Good understanding of asset management and operations in Generation/T&D would be an advantage
- Good project management and analytical skills
- Good team player and customer focused
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in Cantonese, written and spoken English. Fluency in Putonghua would be an advantage
- Willing to travel and accept short-term overseas assignment as and when required
Interested candidates please email the application with detailed resume including current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28 September 2016. Application can also be sent to Senior Human Resources Manager - Corporate Units, CLP Power Hong Kong Limited, 8 Laguna Verde Avenue, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong. Please mark “Confidential” and quote the above reference on the envelope.
(To avoid duplication, please send in your application either by letter or through email).
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: https://clp.to/engPICS
For further information on our company, please visit our website: https://www.clpgroup.com/