Reference Number 493710Company BOCHKDepartment: Information Technology Department
Reference Number 493710
Department: Information Technology Department
Senior IT Architect (Application) (Recruitment Day)
October 22, 2016 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00am to 5:00pm
Venue:29/F, Bank of China Centre, Olympian City, 11 Hoi Fai Road
Senior IT Architect (Application)
The Senior IT Architect (Mainframe) is responsible for delivering architecture intent to the bank, especially focus on Mainframe platform and the associated integration with Open Platforms. It is the technical authority on Mainframe's infrastructure architecture in the Bank.
- Provides leadership, oversight, governance and strategic direction related to Mainframe Services including the integration with open platforms that enable the delivery of IT services.
- Provides technical leadership, oversight, standardization and validation of the effectiveness of the infrastructure mainframe servers
- Institutes governance based on the bank's policy and ensures proper alignment to projects and major initiatives
- Conduct analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine the strategies on the bank's architecture.
- Consults with technical teams to identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
- Oversees the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
- Responsible for POC projects.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- At least 10 years' experience in Mainframe Technology architecture.
- Experience in varied mainframe technologies (e.g. zTPF, zOS).
- 5 years' experience as a technology leader including mainframe technologies and their incorporation into enterprise IT solutions.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategic IT technologies and related processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Experience in developing technology roadmaps and strategies including researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products.
- Experience with communicating technology issues and strategies to non-technical stakeholders
- Knowledge of system evaluation principles and practices.
- Project planning and management experience.
- Excellent understanding of change management and testing requirements, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to lead complex, cross-functional POC initiatives.
- Knowledge of application design in Java/OO programming/Java EE/Windows, UML, Tiered architecture, Relational Databases and Web development.
- Experience of programming in MQ Series / TCPIP / LU 6.2 (Mainframe platform) is preferable
- Experience of programming and administration in DB2 (Mainframe platform)
- Excellent communication skills
- Good command of both English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)