HKU SPACE, which is the extension arm of The University of Hong Kong and a leading provider of continuing and professional education, offers both award-bearing programmes and non-award bearing courses. More information about HKU SPACE is available at .http://hkuspace.hku.hk.
Senior IT Officer in the Information Technology Services Unit
|Work exp||Minimum 7 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||Dental plan, Education subsidies, Gratuity, Medical plan|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Information Technology > IT Management
Information Technology > Others
Information Technology > Engineering - Hardware
Monthly Salary Range: HK$38,500 – HK$53,040
Duties: The appointee will assist the IT Manager in coordinating and supervising daily end-user technical support and IT operations, manage and maintain computer hardware and software, administrate server systems, prepare documentation, conduct user training, provide support for internal IT audit, handle equipment tendering, procurement and evaluation, and liaise with other units in developing and implementing IT projects.
- A Bachelor degree in IT related disciplines plus at least seven years relevant working experience in IT service department and IT operational support;
- Proficiency in Microsoft/Linux/VMware operating systems and their operational management and system administration;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft software such as Office, Active Directory/LDAP, Exchange, SharePoint, application on-demand, computer security and system performance monitoring utilities, and remote system configuration and management tools, etc.;
- Profound knowledge in Internet technology and TCP/IP network. Knowledge of IT teaching facilities, Desktop Virtualization, and Cloud Computing are also preferred;
- Sound skills and techniques in system, network, desktop and handheld device problem diagnosis and troubleshooting;
- Familiarity with higher-education institution’s IT operation and needs is highly preferable;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and excellence in team playing and work attitude;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Terms of Appointment:Salary placement will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The contract will normally be for 2 years with the possibility of renewal subject to review. A contract-end gratuity (taxable) will be payable upon satisfactory completion of the contract. Medical and dental benefits, annual leave and the use of sports and library facilities will be provided where applicable. The School provides excellent staff development opportunities.