Senior/Lead Developer - Hedge Fund based in Hong Kong - Permanent role
|Work exp||Minimum 7 Years|
|Skill||Software Engineering, Java, Software Development|
|Location||Hong Kong Island|
|Benefits||5-day week, Competitive pay, Discretionary bonus, MPF, Meal allowance, Medical plan, Paternity leave|
Information Technology > Software Development
Information Technology > Team Leader
Information Technology > Application Development
|Salary (HKD)||$50,000 - $100,000|
In this role as lead developer, you will head a small team to develop a quantitative research platform and its supporting infrastructure including trading components.
In this role, you are responsible for the greenfield development of a quantitative research platform and trading components to support business growth and are expected to:
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
- Ensure consistent delivery of software releases and hand-over to end-users
- Work along-side the existing ecosystem of latency-sensitive in-house and commercial trading technologies
- Work in close collaboration with a dynamic team of top technologists, scientists, traders as well as external stakeholders
Expertise in at least 3 of these technical domains:
- Event-driven distributed systems
- Asynchronous frameworks
- Large datasets, structured and unstructured, time series
- Pricing, risk and analytics
- Modern web-stacks
- User interfaces
- Test engineering
- Software controls
- Full SDLC, Scrum, TDD, Extreme Programming
- Highly knowledgeable in one or more of the following languages: Golang (Go) / Java / Scala / C++
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- At least 7-10 years of software development experience, preferably in the finance industry.
- BSc / MSc / PhD in Computer Science or related degrees
- Experience in both infrastructure backend and frontend web development
- Basic understanding of trading operations or technologies (desirable)
- Mathematically-inclined mind with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ambitious, self-motivated, resourceful technology enthusiast
Candidates with less experience may be considered for a junior developer or mid-level developer role.
Very competitive compensation package.
Medical insurance plan, discretionary bonuses, meals provided (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea), 5-days week, startup culture.
Interested candidates, please send your resume to email@example.com. All information will be treated as strictly confidential.