A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Senior Legal Counsel
Our legal function comprises legal counsels and executives of high caliber, with their respective expertise. We work as a team, with a mission to provide legal services of the highest professional standards to:
- Facilitate the business by giving proactive, commercial and creative advice.
- Manage legal risk; and
- Protect the integrity and reputation of the Bank
We function as trusted legal advisers to our management and the business and other support functions that we serve. Should you join our function, you will be part of a global team, with the relevant know-how support and gain exposure to a variety of financial services and products.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Senior Legal Counsel.
- Provide counsel and legal support on a variety of legal matters, or in a specialist area, including matters that may be complex or may have some impact
- To be considered to be a trusted adviser to the business by ensuring that commercially sensitive, pragmatic and practical legal support and advice is provided in a cost-effective manner to assigned areas
- Co-ordinate and manage the approach to legal risk to ensure that the business of the Group are adequately protected
- Ensure relevant parteis are fully breifed on majore issues arising in relevant business area and major legislative changes in area of expertise
- Build and maintain positive and effeticve relationship with panel law firms and other appropriate external parties
- Qualified Lawyer with relevant post qualification experience over 8-10 years
- Experienced and confident practitioner
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in own industry sector
- Ability to handle a diverse range of issues
- Communication and inter-personal skills
- Lateral thinking/problem solving
- Stamina and ability to work under pressure
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes