Comprising Hong Kong Science Park, InnoCentre and Industrial Estates, Hong Kong Science & Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) is a statutory body dedicated to building a vibrant innovation and technology ecosystem to connect stakeholders, nurture technology talents, facilitate collaboration, and catalyse innovations to deliver social and economic benefits to Hong Kong and the region.
Established in May 2001, HKSTP has been driving the development of Hong Kong into a regional hub for innovation and growth in several focused clusters including Electronics, Information & Communications Technology, Green Technology, Biomedical Technology, Material and Precision Engineering. We enable science and technology companies to nurture ideas, innovate and grow, supported by our R&D facilities, infrastructure, and market-led laboratories and technical centres with professional support services. We also offer value added services and comprehensive incubation programmes for technology start-ups to accelerate their growth.
Technology businesses benefit from our specialised services and infrastructure at Hong Kong Science Park for applied research and product development; enterprises can find creative design support at InnoCentre; while skill-intensive businesses are served by our three industrial estates at Tai Po, Tseung Kwan O and Yuen Long.
Senior Manager, Legal and Secretariat
Objectives & Responsibilities:
This role will focus on the corporate governance, provision of legal advice and comprehensive corporate secretarial services to the Corporation and the Board.
- Advise management on possible legal and business risks, contribute to the overall corporate governance framework to protect corporation’s reputation
- Give accurate and timely counsel to different divisions on various legal issues such as leasing and property management, construction projects, employment-related issues, etc.
- Draft, review and provide feedback on agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the corporation is well protected
- Assist companies with IP issues, training and possible IP trading matters
- Work closely with the corporate compliance team on any regulatory investigation
- Liaise with external counsel where necessary on legal matters
Corporate Governance & Secretariat
- Advise the Board and Committees on its roles and responsibilities and governance matters including compliance with HKSTP Ordinance, policies and guidelines and other regulatory requirements
- Review and recommend update on the Terms of Reference of the Committees, Working Groups, Task Forces, Corporate Governance Guide (including Code of Conduct), Corporate Governance Report, Schedule of Delegation of Authorities, record management policy and classification of documents
- Arrange induction and continuous professional development programmes for Board Members to familiarize with operations of the Corporation (with its vision and mission and future operating plan) and to update their Board governance knowledge and skills
- Oversee knowledge management and electronic document management system in relation to policies and guidelines approved by the Board and Committees
- Oversee Corporate Secretariat team and prepare the full-year plan for Board and Committee and working groups, task forces Chairmen with key items and maintain an updated summary/contact list of current and former Board Members
- Organize Board, Committee and various senior management meeting and ensure statutory and corporate secretariat services are properly managed
- Provide company secretarial services to subsidiary companies of the Corporation and act as their Company Secretary under the Companies Ordinance requirements
- University degree in Law
- A qualified Company Secretary with minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in legal, corporate governance and corporate secretarial areas
- Good knowledge of intellectual properties laws
- Solid experience in leasing and property management, construction projects and/or employment related issues will be an added advantage
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze solutions and information
- Attention to detail with good analytical, problem-solving, organizational and management skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work well with members of Board and management team
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese
To apply, please send your full resume with current and expected salary to the Human Resources & Office Administration Department, Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, 8/F, Bio-Informatics Centre, No. 2 Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong or, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20 October 2016. Please quote the reference number on the email subject/envelope and the application letter.
Personal data provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for consideration of application. Applicants not invited for interview within four weeks after the job is closed for application may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be retained for a maximum of two years.