Hong Kong International Airport (HKIA), one of the world's busiest international passenger and cargo airports, aims to maintain a leadership position in airport management and aviation-related businesses to strengthen Hong Kong as an international and regional aviation hub.
We are looking for high caliber individual to join the Airport Authority, the manager and operator of HKIA.
Senior Manager, Projects (Marine Traffic) (1-Year Fixed-Term Contract) (Ref: TRD15-0523-S-01)
|Work exp||Minimum 15 Years or above|
|Location||Chek Lap Kok|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Construction / Property > Project Management
Engineering > Engineering Project Management
Science / Lab / Research > Environmental Science / Waste Management
Reporting to the General Manager, Reclamation, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and overseeing marine traffic operations within an environment of intensive reclamation work activities to ensure safe and environmental operations in compliance with marine and EIA requirements. S/he will be responsible for the planning and establishment of maritime rules and guidelines at the outset of the contracts commencement to ensure a safe working environment. Major responsibilities include:
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the Authority’s Marine Traffic Control Centre (MTCC)
- Provide guidance to contractors’ representatives to ensure compliance with statutory procedures relating to marine operations and within 3RS EIA requirements on route diversions and speed limits
- Enforce safety rules and provide technical advice in the overall management and supervision of marine safety
- Maintain close liaison and coordination with Marine Department and various stakeholders through setting up of Marine Management Liaison Group, Marine Traffic Management Team, MTCC and marine coordination among six interfacing contractors
- Proactively manage hazards and risks, mitigate potential hazards, handle day-to-day traffic issues and resolve conflicts in an effective and efficient manner.
The successful candidate should be a Member of the Institute of Seatransport or other equivalent professional bodies, preferably with a degree in Engineering/Marine Traffic or a related discipline. S/he should possess at least 15 years of marine working experience, of which minimum of 8 years should be in project management role or in a position with senior management responsibility. S/he should be well familiarized with the statutory requirements, operation and procedures of the Marine Department, and preferably with experience in managing Marine Liaison Group for infrastructural projects and/or experience in assessing marine traffic inquiries. The candidate shall have excellent leadership, problem solving and communication skills.