PwC - Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau
PwC in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau work together on a collaborative basis, subject to local applicable laws. Collectively, we have around 620 partners and a strength of over 15,000 people.
Providing organisations with the professional service they need, wherever they may be located. Our highly qualified, experienced professionals listen to different points of view to help organisations solve their business issues and identify and maximise the opportunities they seek. Our industry specialisation allows us to help co-create solutions with our clients for their sector of interest.
We are located in these cities: Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Chongqing, Shenyang, Dalian, Xi'an, Chengdu, Qingdao, Nanjing, Suzhou, Wuhan, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Taipei, Chungli, Hsinchu, Kaohsiung, Taichung, Tainan, and Macau.
About Audit and Assurance
Auditing today isn’t only about compliance or merely following rules. By providing a balanced, objective opinion on financial statements, you help to build trust between companies and their stakeholders, including investors. This trust depends on more than just numbers. It requires the application of your judgment and insight, drawing on both technical knowledge and commercial experience.
As our largest service line, you’ll experience a dynamic and fast moving working environment. From potential startups to multinational corporations, clients will look to you for advice on audit, regulatory, listing, private placement, corporate change, and a host of other business topics.
Senior Manager-Risk Assurance-Data Analytics
We are currently looking for individuals with strong data mining / analytics and / or data warehouse related background.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing advisory services to assist clients in business intelligence projects, data mining and data warehousing solutions;
- Performing business analytics, use of continuous monitoring tools and verifying system functioning to help improve data quality and monitor business performance;
- Providing consulting service through analyzing client server systems and multi-platform systems while providing business insights through visualisation, trend and correlation analysis and data mining to the client and develop internal work plans and project approaches;You will be expected to take a consultant's approach to the attest / assurance process of a client's operations utilising our practice methodology to assess our client's operations;
- You will be responsible for conveying pragmatic solutions to our client's business problems through the use of written reports and presentations. The opportunity will be available for you to develop your responsibility in supervising, coaching, developing and leading teams and individual team members; and
- For more senior position, you will be expected to develop our propositions around data for our clients.
- University degree majoring in accounting, business administration, information systems, computer science, engineering, statistics, accounting, and / or business administration;
- Professional qualifications: CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, or CISM;
- Minimum of 5 years system design / implementation and / or controls assurance experience with a reputable international professional / consulting firm or multi-national corporations; (Candidate with less years of experience will be considered for Senior Associate or Associate positions);
- Practical experience and working knowledge in two or more of the following - business & system processes review, internal controls, IT auditing, information security management, IT / technology risk management, , data modelling, data mining, database management, business intelligence solutions;
- Hands on experience in doing SQL programming and conducting data mining, as well as conducting query performance and tuning, using Oracle database, MS SQL-Server, MS Access, and/ or SAS;
- Experience in data analytics/process analytics/retail analytics, data modelling, data mining, database management, business intelligence implementation and development of data warehouse ETL process;
- Hands on experience in any of the following scripting languages: Python, R, Visual basic;
- Hands on experience in any of the business intelligent and analytics tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, SAS, IDEA, ACL, Oversight Systems, SAP BI, etc.;
- Knowledge of an ERP e.g. SAP or Oracle;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Efficient analytical and problem solving skills;
- Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity;
- Ability to interact with senior management;
- Effective project management, interpersonal and influencing skills are essential; and
- Flexibility to travel to out-of-town engagements.