Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the position for the Project “Joint-Institution Network for Student Success” (JINESS) funded by the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme. The JINESS project is jointly established by five self-financed higher education institutions; namely, HSMC (as the Principal Investigator), Caritas Institute of Higher Education, Centennial College, Chu Hai College of Higher Education and Tung Wah College. It aims to develop a “Joint-Institution Career Portal” for students to identify career opportunities, engage in career development programmes, and interact with students and career masters from all the self-financed higher education institutions.
JINESS will also facilitate inter-institutional events, such as career fair, human resources forums, student conference and research to provide students with unique opportunities for personal enrichment as well as all-round development while preparing them for future careers.
Senior Project Officer – Joint-Institution Network for Student Success
|Work exp||Minimum 8 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Training & Development
Administration > Administration / Operation Manager
Government / Social Service > Project / Program Development
- liaise and coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure project deliverables are achieved according to the project timelines;
- develop relationships and implement effective programme strategies to engage students of self-financing institutions and prospective employers in activities and events;
- coordinate the administration, finance and management of the project and supervision of support staff;
- serve as a secretary of the Management Committee consisting of senior management of the 5 participating institutions;
- liaise and coordinate works and tasks with Project Officers in the 5 participating institutions; and
- perform any other duties as assigned.
- possess a recognized degree with at least 8 years of working experience in marketing, public relations, career advising, or related field;
- have experience and passion for working with the young adults;
- have experience in building up working relationships and network with employers;
- be result-oriented, proactive, detailed-minded, organized, self-motivated;
- be capable of handling multi-tasks and working independently;
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- be proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
Preference will be given to those with work experience in higher education institutions.