Founded in 1901 as China Light and Power Company Limited in Hong Kong, CLP Group has grown from a Hong Kong-based power utility into a leading investor and operator in the Asia Pacific Region’s electricity market. Outside Hong Kong, CLP invests in the energy sector in Mainland China, India, Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Australia. Our business includes power generation, transmission and distribution, and electricity and gas retail activities. CLP Holdings Limited, a company listed on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, is the holding company for the CLP Group.
Senior Property Specialist (2-Year Contract) [Ref.: CLPP-PSBG-EPD-PB-SPS]
We are looking for a high caliber professional to join the Property Branch of Engineering Projects Department. Reporting to the Property Manager – Power Systems Business Group, the appointee will be responsible for the following major duties:
- Acquire land and wayleaves from Government for utility installation projects through private treaty grant, short term tenancy or licence
- Obtain Government approvals for planning application, lease modification, lot extension, waiver, land exchange, lot boundary rectification, certificate of compliance etc.
- Provide expert advice on land, wayleaves and town planning matters to facilitate the progress of utility installation projects and to ensure that all statutory requirements under related Ordinances are fully complied with
- Liaise with Government and/or private sector on land and wayleaves matters, such as land/property acquisition, land resumption, and tenancy / licence related issues etc.
- Appraise the proper planning of the Company’s future operational and strategic projects by giving expert advice on land and wayleaves aspects and other statutory requirements to minimize chances of public objection and obstruction to the projects
- Evaluate development opportunities for existing properties to meet the development need of the Company
- Supervise subordinates to implement their functional duties
- Degree in Land Administration / Estate Management / Land Management / Surveying or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience
- Corporate membership of the Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (General Practice Division) is preferable
- Thorough knowledge of local legislations, policies and procedures on land & wayleaves
- Good contacts and relations with internal and external parties including relevant Government departments in land and wayleaves matters
- Excellent negotiation, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Being business-minded, performance-driven, customer and result-oriented
- Mindful and with good safety awareness
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Proficient in MS Office application & database management system
- Possession of a valid HK driving license is a definite advantage
Please apply by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org giving a detailed C.V., including career history, major achievements, personal attributes, present and expected salary on or before 27 January 2017.
Important: To facilitate our easy tracking please use a unique file name for all attachments and your email subject box in this format: EPD_PB_SPS_Last Name_First Name_Other Names
Applicants not invited for interview within 6 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
Information provided will be for recruitment purpose within the CLP Group and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations of HKSAR in handling applications. For details of the Personal Information Collection Statement, please visit our website: http://clp.to/engPICS
For further information on our company, please visit our website: https://www.clpgroup.com/