Founded as a trading company in China in 1832, Jardine Matheson is today a diversified business group focused principally on Asia. Its businesses comprise a combination of cash generating activities and long-term property assets.
The Group’s interests include Jardine Pacific, Jardine Motors, Jardine Lloyd Thompson, Hongkong Land, Dairy Farm, Mandarin Oriental, Jardine Cycle & Carriage and Astra International. These companies are leaders in the fields of engineering and construction, transport services, insurance broking, property investment and development, retailing, restaurants, luxury hotels, motor vehicles and related activities, financial services, heavy equipment, mining and agribusiness.
Jardine Matheson invites applications for the following position in its Jardine Sports Association.
Senior Recreation Assistant
Reporting to the Manager of Jardine Sports Association, the incumbent is responsible to assist in managing the day-to-day operation of the Association to ensure that the organization’s recreational and sports activities are run smoothly and effectively.
- Assist in managing all issues of the Association to ensure services and activities are delivered to the highest standard.
- Partner with the convener of different sports/recreational groups in the planning, developing and organizing of activities.
- Plan and develop internal communication materials for advertising of programs.
- Produce periodical reports, conduct regular activities analysis to facilitate management’s review and decision making.
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with members, conveners, management and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the Association’s facilities and equipment.
- Handle enquiries and ah-hoc events as and when required.
- Diploma of Sports & Recreation Management or equivalent with at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Good events coordination and planning, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to lead, be able to work independently and as a team.
- A fast learner with high degree of enthusiasm and integrity. Articulate and be able to communicate confidently with different levels.
- Customer-oriented, willing to learn and take up challenges, willing to work at irregular hours.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing is a must.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Good sporting skills will be an advantage.
This is a position with potential for advancement. Remuneration of the successful candidate will commensurate with experience and qualifications. Written applications giving career and personal details as well as present and expected salaries should be sent to:
Senior Manager, Compensation & Employment
Group Human Resources
Jardine Matheson Limited
25/F., Devon House, Taikoo Place
979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Jardine Matheson Limited
(Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability)
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment related purposes and handled in strict confidence by authorized personnel. The personal data of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed when the post is filled.