Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the Research Project “Consumer carbon label: development of supply chain product carbon footprint and consumer carbon index for beverage merchandise”, funded by the Research Grants Council (RGC):
Senior Research Assistant – Department of Supply Chain and Information Management
The appointee, in the functional title of Assistant Project Manager, will assist in conducting research and development projects. He/She will mainly be responsible for searching literature, conducting surveys and interviews, collecting and analysing research data, developing models, drafting research documents, organizing research activities and programmes, and communicating and collaborating with local and overseas parties.
- possess a recognized degree, preferably a MPhil or MSc, in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Logistics Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline;
- have at least two years of working experience in supply chain, product carbon footprint, life cycle assessment, or research analysis;
- preferably possess knowledge of ISO14067 and greenhouse gas;
- have high interest in research and development;
- have experience in system development and programming tools;
- be self-motivated and have good time-management skills; and
- have the ability to work under pressure, tight schedule and dynamic requirements.