|About The Hong Kong Jockey Club|
|A world-class horse racing operator and one of the world’s largest charity contributors, donating a record HK$3.9 billion in 2015/16. A major taxpayer, Hong Kong's largest by far, generating HK$20.9 billion in 2015/16 for public funds. A pioneer in technology, striving for the highest levels of customer service. A membership club, recognised as one of Asia’s most prestigious. Above all an organisation dedicated to the overall betterment of Hong Kong. This is The Hong Kong Jockey Club, a truly remarkable organisation offering you a rewarding career with unparalleled prospects for growth and development.|
|Senior Software Engineer (Risk Management)|
Our IT Strategic Business Solution Department (Betting Systems) of IT and Sustainability Division provides product development and software service to support the Club’s betting core system. We also maintain alignment between user requests and IT service delivery. We are looking for high calibre individual to join the team.
- Provide effort estimates for software development activities and report progress
- Participate in the translation of business requirements into functional and technical designs in accordance with architectural and PDLC standards
- Prepare and provide inclusions to feasibility, functional, and design specification documents
- Undertake software construction using set programming languages and database management systems
- Work closely with System Assurance, Infrastructure and Operation teams to deliver high quality betting control systems
- Participate in walkthroughs and reviews of the design and construction phases of solution development
- Provide off duty standby support on roster and provide on-site support on critical events
You should have:
- A Bachelor Degree or above in Computer Science or related discipline
- Over 6 years’ software development experience with main focus on C++
- Extensive experience in C++, C#, SQL, Crystal report, TCP/IP, socket, RPC, and asynchronous or multi-thread programming
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in Windows scripting for task automation
- Experience in developing large-scale and high performance OLTP and backend systems.
- Strong sense of responsibility and self-motivated
- Ability to take up new knowledge and technology fast
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English, Cantonese and Putonghua
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply:
Please fax/mail your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department,
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
1 Sports Road, Happy Valley,
|Find out more about this remarkable opportunity today. Visit our website at www.hkjc.com now.|
|We are an equal opportunity employer. |
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.