Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer
|Work exp||Minimum 6 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Entertainment / Recreation / Performance|
Information Technology > Network / System Admin
Information Technology > Software Development
Information Technology > Application Development
Our IT Enterprise Solutions Department provides high quality end-to-end business application solutions (except betting related) to all divisions and departments in the Club in the portfolios of Racing, Corporate Affairs & Security, Corporate Business Planning & Marketing, Membership, Legal & Compliance, Charities & Property, and Finance & Organization Development.
Working collaboratively with technical lead, project manager and business users during the phases of requirement, design and development to ensure quality of deliverables and service.
- Working with the Club’s System Assurance Team and Change Control Team to ensure projects and changes are fully tested and deployed to the production environment accordingly.
- Performing system design, development (including customization, interfaces, conversion and reporting), development testing and software release.
- Complying with established standards and processes in delivering deliverables.
- Providing support during system assurance test and user acceptance test.
- Managing and coordinating with vendors efficiently to provide BAU application support from time to time and during outside office hours.
- Identify and escalate any critical issues during the development cycle which affects time, budget or quality to the technical leader and project manager in a timely fashion.
You should have:
- Graduate qualifications in computer science or engineering.
- With at least 6 years of experience in software development, system integration, and system support
- With at least 3 years solid hand-on experience in developing both web-based and windows applications by using Microsoft .NET, C# and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft .NET, C#, JSON, JQuery, Windows Presentation Foundation and SQL Server is highly preferable.
- Knowledge in two or more technical skills would be an advantage:
- Windows Workflow Foundation
- MVC Programming
- Angular JS
- Microsoft Sharepoint Administration and Development
- Experience in vendor management
- Strong ability in problem troubleshooting and diagnosis.
- Proficiency in writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
- Able to lead a team of 2 or 3 offshore developers and work independently
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to Apply:
Please fax/mail your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Mail: The Human Resources Department,
The Hong Kong Jockey Club
1 Sports Road, Happy Valley,