Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications for the Research Project “A visual platform for the design, implementation, and analysis of collaborative business simulation games”, funded by the Quality Enhancement Support Scheme (QESS):
Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer (Full-time or Part-time)
|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Medical plan, Gratuity|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Information Technology > Engineering - Network
Information Technology > Testing
Information Technology > Software Development
- work closely with the development team to implement game engine for business simulation games. He/she will be part of this team which consists of Project Manager, User-Interface Designer, Back-End Developer, Software Architect, Application Engineers, and Researchers;
- perform implementation on Java platform, including enterprise and process level class implementations;
- participate in analysis and testing of the system implementation; and
- prepare program documentations (specification and testing documents).
- possess a degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related disciplines;
- preferably have a minimum 3 years of software development experience;
- possess solid experience in Java application design and development;
- be experienced in multi-thread application development, concurrent programming, event processing and process communications;
- be strong in analytical skills, businessprocess knowledge and solving complex problems; and
- have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral) to present results to senior management.