Prudential has been serving the people of Hong Kong since 1964. Through Prudential Hong Kong Limited and Prudential General Insurance Hong Kong Limited, we provide a range of financial planning services and products including individual life insurance, investment-linked insurance, retirement solutions, health and medical protection, general insurance and employee benefits.
Prudential plc is an international financial services group with significant operations in Asia, the US and the UK. We serve over 24 million insurance customers and have £509 billion of assets under management as at 31 December 2015. Prudential plc is listed on stock exchanges in Hong Kong, London, New York and Singapore.
Please visit www.prudential.com.hk for more information.
Senior Systems Analyst
Projects, Systems Development, Maintenance and Implementation
- Understand business processes and requirements in order to provide effective solutions and support to users.
- Reviews and analyzes the user requirements regarding their degree of detail, completeness (functional, nonfunctional, quality of service aspects) and feasibility as part of the requirements review
- Responsible to manage the project and leading the vendor and users to complete the project
- Responsible to the ETL or BI design, reporting and development of the in-house Data Warehouse
- Prepare project schedule and resources requirements, and assist supervisor to monitor project progress.
- Conduct systems analysis and design, and co-ordinate testing and implementation activities which include:
- Perform impact analysis
- Analyze and assist users in defining requirements
- Prepare systems design specifications
- Ensure unit, system and integration testing are properly performed before implementation
- Interacting with in-house or vendor’s development team to ensure timely and quality delivery of expected system change
- Implement systems to production
- Establish quality assurance processes and testing strategies in accordance to corporate technology standard
- Ensure all projects and applications are delivered with good quality, meeting user requirements, on time and within budget.
- Ensure the systems development work is performed in accordance with the Systems Development Methodology and guidelines.
- Ensure service levels are met.
- Work out effective solutions with quick turnaround time to minimize business impact due to production problems.
- User enquiries are replied in a timely manner through the team's support.
- Coordinate with users on testing and production support.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance to existing Data Warehouse
Audit and Compliance
- Handle the audit and compliance requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Group, PCA, Corporate Governance, IT standards, policies and guidelines.
- Ensure all statutory requirements are met.
- Degree in Computer Studies, or related disciplines
- Minimum 7 years working experience in Information Technology and minimum with 4 years in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse tools
- Solid experience and understanding in data modeling, database management and system development
- Experience in Oracle, IBM DataStage and IBM Cognos is highly desirable
- Experience in dealing with service providers will be an added advantage