|Work exp||Minimum 5 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
Logistics / Transportation > Planning & Analysis
Logistics / Transportation > Supply Chain / Logistics
Merchandising / Purchasing > Purchasing / Procurement / Sourcing
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibility:
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for new factory recommendations and selection to secure favorable commercial terms, ensure the reliable supply of product while meeting quality, cost, and schedule goals. The Sourcing Manager will identify new and/or alternative vendors to improve supply chain effectiveness. This role will also help identify suitable 2nd tier suppliers for the business. The Sourcing Manager will be the subject matter expert of sourcing options and trends for the categories of the business and provide market-based strategies and solutions that meet the company needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Researches Market and Sources by attending industry seminars, reading industry periodicals or on-line articles, and present findings to company leadership for use in sourcing decisions.
• Establishes a strong supplier base and develops alternative solutions to achieve product & business objectives.
• Assists in determining sourcing allocation plans to improve product sourcing, AUC, IMU, and quality rejection rates.
• Responsible for working with business partners to develop an annual sourcing plan based on demand analysis, industry / market analysis, supply landscape, supplier segmentation, contingency planning to support existing business and new product launches.
• Lead initiatives to reduce the cost base, increase flexibility and performance, and underpin supply reliability within the supply chain by finding new supply sources and/or developing innovative ways to improve existing supply sources.
• Maintain knowledge of factors affecting costs such as industry and technology trends, geo-political influences, and related market cost reduction opportunities.
• Deep understanding of company product roadmap and long range strategy, to optimize global search.
• Provide tactical support for ad hoc purchasing / sourcing requests.
• Lead the on-boarding of new factories and continuous improvement of related processes.
• Perform other assigned ad hoc duties
Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain. Advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the assigned commodity/category industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• This role requires business and technical acumen with sound thinking, judgment, influencing, project management and strong written and verbal communication skills for successful interaction and alignment across the corporation and supply base.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, industry publications, etc.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in sourcing in the lighting or electronics industry with demonstrated knowledge of project and people management.
• Asia sourcing experience, preferably with China.
• Working Knowledge and Application of Lean Manufacturing, DFM, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Total Cost of Ownership, Outsourcing/Off-Shoring, Suppler Diversity & Sustainability/Regulatory compliance.
• Experience with Sourcing for Manufacturing Operations.
• Ability to work in an environment that embraces cross-functional collaborative team driven results.
• Strong organizational skills and project leadership.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Excellent analytical skills and technical market analysis experience.
• Demonstrated self initiated management skills with ability to independently learn processes and procedures.
• Ability to effectively communicate in group settings to provide a simple concise message.
• Tolerance for complexity and ambiguity, strong self-management skills.
• Demonstrated proficient interpersonal, listening and negotiation skills.
• Quickly learn and have the ability to teach complicated concepts to others and engage all levels of the organization on the sourcing strategy deployment, benchmarking, and cost modeling.
Other: Willingness and ability to travel globally up to 30%.
Typical Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a normal office setting. Employee frequently interacts directly with other staff members and customers during the workday.
Equipment Used: This position will be required to use equipment such as, but not limited to: calculator, phone, fax, scanner, copy machine, and personal computer to include spread sheeting, word processing, and presentation software.
Essential Physical Tasks: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, handle or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.