The Child Development Centre is a centre uniquely providing support to the widest spectrum of Special Educational Needs (SEN) in English and Chinese in Hong Kong. For more information about our organisation, please visit our website www.cdchk.org.
We are now looking for a high calibre teacher to fill the following position:
Special Educational Needs Teacher
|Work exp||Minimum 2 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, MPF, Medical plan|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Education / Training > Childcare
Education / Training > Teacher - Special Needs
Education / Training > Training & Development
- Provide an excellent standard of teaching to young children with a wide variety of abilities.
- Assess both formally and informally and devise individual learning plans.
- Create interesting and engaging teaching plans.
- Work closely with parents with the classes and at home.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team, lead and contribute to meetings both with staff and parents.
- Write reports in both English and Chinese a plus.
- A recognised degree or equivalent in primary or early years education.
- Further qualifications in the area of special needs desirable.
- A minimum of two years post qualification teaching experience with pre-school or school-aged children is desirable.
- Experienced in teaching children with autism, PMLD, CLD and needing behavioural and sensory support.
- Familiar with AACs, PECS, and Makaton.
- Fluent Cantonese and English, written and spoken, Mandarin an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with a positive attitude.
- Excellent observation and assessment skills for learning.
- A Hong Kong permanent resident status desirable.
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible.
- Must be able to work Saturdays.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- MPF, medical and dental benefits.
- 5-day working week (may include Saturday and or early evening).
- Friendly working environment.