English for Asia is one of Hong Kong's most established and longest-running English course providers, having worked with up to 300 schools across Hong Kong, Kowloon and the New Territories. EfA offers Trinity CertTESOL courses for teachers and is the National Representative for Trinity College London.
Staff Development Officer
Overview: The Staff Development Officer is primarily responsible for managing our team of teachers, finding substitute for absent and sick teachers, co-ordinating in-house professional development and teacher recruitment. S/he is responsible for reporting all aspects of staff development and human resources to the Staff Development Manager.
1) Manage EfA’s team of teacher
- Manage a team of native English teachers
- Manage supply and find cover for absent teachers
- Liaise with Director of Studies and School Programme Managers regarding teaching materials for teachers
- Be responsible for organization and preparation of teachers’ contracts and teaching materials
- Monitor teachers’ performance through observations and constructive feedback
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with teachers
- Ensure that schools/teachers’ complaints are handled effectively
2) Teaching recruitment and staff development
- Recruit and interview new teachers to expand our teaching team
- Organize in-house professional development training workshops for our teachers
3) Ensure EfA meets and exceeds customer service standards
- Act as a model and ambassador for the brand image and values
- Maintain high standards of customer service at all times
- Work with School Programme Managers to meet schools’ needs and levels of service they expect
- Carry out lesson observations wherever possible
- Reporting to Staff Development Manager
- Degree holder in Human Resources Management or related disciplines
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience
- Be responsible, well organized and able to work in a team and independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be a creative problem-solver and enjoy working in a social environment
- Excellent in written and spoken English
We offer attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits to the right candidate. Interested parties, please e-mail your resume with expected salary by clicking "Apply Now".
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applications received will be used strictly for selection purposes only. Your application may also be considered for other suitable positions within the Company.
Personal Data collected will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only