DHL – The logistics company for the world
DHL is the leading global brand in the logistics industry. Our DHL family of divisions offer an unrivalled portfolio of logistics services ranging from national and international parcel delivery, e-commerce shipping and fulfillment solutions, international express, road, air and ocean transport to industrial supply chain management. With about 340,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, DHL connects people and businesses securely and reliably, enabling global trade flows. With specialized solutions for growth markets and industries including technology, life sciences and healthcare, energy, automotive and retail, a proven commitment to corporate responsibility and an unrivalled presence in developing markets, DHL is decisively positioned as “The logistics company for the world”.
DHL is part of Deutsche Post DHL Group. The Group generated revenues of more than 59 billion euros in 2015.
Supply Chain Solutions Consultant
|Work exp||Minimum 3 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Benefits||13-month pay, 5-day week, Dental plan, Insurance plan, Medical plan, Performance bonus|
|Industry||Freight Forwarding / Logistics / Delivery|
Logistics / Transportation > Supply Chain / Logistics
Legal / Professional Services > Business Consultancy
Engineering > Engineering Project Management
- To support the expected substantial profitable growth of the business
- To champion facility design capability enhancement/deployment in the Country Supply Chain Solutions Team
- To strive to be competent in solutions design and sector-specific skills/tools
- To support on the preparation and development of SCS training material
- To hold responsible on the new potential supply chain projects on solution design development
- To provide support on existing operations for re-engineering and improvement
- To provide solutions analytical support for implementation
- Degree holder preferably in Engineering and/or Logistics Supply Chain Management.
- 5 years' logistics solution design experience and/or 3-5 years' logistics operations management in warehousing or transport
- Proficient in PowerPoint and have experience with customer presentations / public speaking
- Conversant in warehousing, transportation and broader supply chain topics
- Experience in or exposure to logistics operations in order to develop operationally feasible solutions
- Must be an advanced user of tools such as Microsoft Excel and/or Access to perform complex data analysis
- Must have exposure to (and preferably subject-matter expertise in) some of the following topics: storage mediums, material handling equipment, space analysis, manpower analysis, inventory/SKU analysis, operational key performance indicators, continuous improvement initiatives, transportation methods, packaging, secondary operations, costing
- Experience in at least one modeling/simulation/CAD tool such as Paragon, CAPS, CAST, i2, Manugistics, AutoCAD or CLASS is desirable.
- Equivalent operations experience may be considered in lieu of modeling experience in some instances
- Experienced with process flow diagrams, time studies, methods/work study and/or other performance analysis methodologies
- Strong logical, analytical mind and numerical sense
- Commercially astute and customer focus
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadline
- Flexible, Team player, Enthusiastic and Particular
- Good communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Immediately available is highly preferable
- Less experienced candidate will be considered as Associate Consultant
Applications will be treated in strict confidence. Please send application with full particulars of qualifications, experience, current and expected salary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Human Resources Department, 25/F., Goodman Interlink, 39 Tsing Yi Road, Tsing Yi, N.T. (Please quote ref. no.)
Please visit us at www.dhl.com
All information provided will be kept confidential and used only for processing applications. Applicants not contacted within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Applications will be retained for six months. Should there be any vacancies in our associate companies during the period, applications will be passed onto them for consideration of employment.
All data collected will be used for recruitment related purposes only.