Support Engineer, Thales e-Security - APAC
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- The candidate will work with our customers to quickly investigate, evaluate and successfully resolve technical problems providing customers with technical assistance to resolve technical faults as far as possible, at the first point of contact.
- Diagnose hardware, software and network related problems and carry out independent research to find technical solutions and/or escalation where necessary.
- Logging and then transferring non-technical service issues to relevant teams, assisting with Customer Support related admin tasks, when required
- Provide advice on configuring and optimising Thales products, to ensure that services are running effectively
- Provide customers with downloads of software upgrades, product keys, licences and documentation as permitted by their maintenance contract
- Maintain and improve the support incident management software and database
- Carry out on-site installations and provide customer training
- Given the critical nature of the customer issues supported, some after-hours/weekend work may be required
- Assist internal and field teams as needed for resolving questions
- Work closely with our engineering and product management teams to communicate customer needs, issues, and trends
- Identify and champion product enhancement requests as customer advocates
- Support partner programs and events
- A degree or above in a computer-related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Analysis, etc.) or a similar discipline
- 3-5 years of Problem Determination/Support/Services experience. On-site customer support experience is also desired
- Extensive customer exposure by phone, email and face to face
- Excellent verbal and written customer communication skills required to handle critical customer support issues
- An understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction when providing support and a desire to exceed the customer expectations
- An interest in solving technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels in the spoken and written
- Participation in the 24 x 7 telephone and/or on-site support rota is required when judged able to do so.
- Knowledge of System Administration of Unix/Linux operating systems, specifically Solaris, RedHat Linux, HPUX, and AIX (HPUX is a necessity)
- Knowledge of databases, specifically Oracle, SQL Server, Informix, DB2
- Familiarity with clustering technologies such as VERITAS VCS, IBM HACMP, HP Serviceguard.
- The CISSP or MCSE qualifications would be useful for this role.
Interested parties please send your detailed resume with expected salary in WORD format to
Thales is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. Information provided will be treated in strict confidence and will only be used for recruitment-related purposes. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the employer personal data policies.