Hong Kong International School (HKIS) serves over 2,500 Reception 1 through Grade 12 students from around the world. As a Christian school with an international outlook, HKIS is responsive to the needs of our culturally diverse community of more than 40 nationalities. We are an educational community that believes in and lives out our Mission Statement:
Dedicating our minds to inquiry, our hearts to compassion,
and our lives to service and global understanding
An American-style education, grounded in the Christian faith,
and respecting the spiritual lives of all
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Teacher Assistant – Lower Primary
The Teacher Assistant provides a wide variety of administrative support and classroom preparations to assist teachers in the classroom. Besides clerical activities, preparation and chaperone duties, the Teacher Assistant provide direct student instructional services by working with assigned small groups of children.
- Strong English written and verbal skills, Cantonese language ability a plus.
- Certificate in teaching assistant or other related courses would be ideal;
- Classroom experience with assigned age students preferred;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to support classroom team;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to exhibit respect and appreciation for diverse cultures, languages and religious traditions.
- Teacher qualifications a plus, especially HK Kindergarten Qualifications