A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages.
Team Lead, Customer Due Diligence
Commercial Banking – CMB Chief Operating Officer’s Office
Hang Seng’s Commercial Banking (CMB) business provides customized one-stop financial solutions to our corporate customers, from prime small and medium-sized businesses to publicly listed companies.
For customers conducting business locally or around the world, we offer a comprehensive range of services including corporate lending, trade and receivables finance, structured loan, cash management, investment, treasury services, insurance and e-Banking services. As a reliable financial partner, we attend to the specific business needs of our customers and provide efficient tailor-made banking solutions through our relationship managers and dedicated specialists.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Team Lead, Customer Due Diligence.
Lead a team of CDD Managers to engage existing corporate customers in the completion of Customer Due Diligence (CDD) profile for periodic reviews and reviews which are trigger generated, as well as any other CDD reviews triggered by projects
Ensure timely completion of CDD reviews and full compliance to the regulatory / Group requirements by closely monitoring of team’s performance, collaboration with internal stakeholders and overseeing the execution of CDD reviews by offshore service teams
Take ownership on the delivery of seamless customer experience during CDD reviews by acting as the focal point between frontlines and customers
Maintain high standards of internal control and drive consistency and common standards across all business segments
Actively participate in CDD related process reviews for corporate customers with an aim to comply with regulatory or policy changes, as well as to improve customer experience and service turnaround time
- University degree in a related discipline or other relevant qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in providing high standard of customer service in banking industry and no less than 5 years of supervisory experience of sales and customer service teams
- Sound knowledge in commercial banking, and Anti Money Laundering (AML) / Know Your Customer (KYC) regulatory requirements on corporate customers
- Strong attentiveness to detail, with ability to work independently and under pressure
- Sound communication, interpersonal and organization skills
- Good sense of commercial judgment
- Compliance and risk management mindset
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and manage conflicts
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese
- High level of customer centricity mindset with dedication to deliver exceptional quality services for customers