Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading self-financing university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications in relation to the Research Project, “Establishment of a Deep Learning Research & Application Centre”, funded by the Research Grants Council (RGC). Successful applicants will have the exciting opportunity to build infrastructure, which will bring cutting-edge developments in Deep Learning (a branch of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) to researchers throughout the College.
Technical Officer – Department of Computing
|Work exp||Minimum 6 Years|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Information Technology > Technical Writing / Consulting
Information Technology > Engineering - Network
Science / Lab / Research > Research & Development (R&D)
- to assist in developing and maintaining efficient and reliable computer systems in support of the Research Project.
- possess a relevant bachelors’ degree or above in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline with at least 6 year of relevant experience;
- have relevant experience in most of the following areas:
- virtualization technologies: VMWare/MS HyperV, Fibre SAN;
- server administration: solid and hands-on Linux CentOS/Ubuntu experience, Linux host scripting skill, Apache/Nginx and MySQL/MariaDB administration;
- networking: familiar with LAN, DHCP, DNS, Firewall technologies;
- site preparation, network/server security and WAN setup;
- tender preparation and evaluation;
- preferred skills with innovative cloud and big data technologies: Hadoop, CloudStack, NoSQL, MapReduce (if not, opportunity will be provided to learn);
- have good experience in planning, security, project management and documentation;
- be mature, self-motivated, able to work independently and willing to work on shift;
- have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; and
- have a customer-oriented mindset with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Technical Officer.