Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type College which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research on corporate sustainability, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with independent thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications in relation to the Research Project, “Establishment of a Deep Learning Research & Application Centre”, funded by the Research Grants Council (RGC). Successful applicants will have the exciting opportunity to assist in applying cutting-edge technologies in Deep Learning (a branch of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) to different research projects, possibly in collaboration with industry partners.
Technical Officer – Department of Computing
|Education||Doctorate or above|
|Employment type||Full Time|
|Industry||Education / Training|
Information Technology > IT Project Management
Information Technology > Application Development
Science / Lab / Research > Research & Development (R&D)
- to assist in developing an efficient and reliable Deep Learning environment for various innovative research domain/themes; and
- to disseminate in Hong Kong and elsewhere, the experience and results of applying Deep Learning innovatively to various problems in different domains.
- possess a PhD degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant discipline and/or with research experience is preferred;
- have relevant software development experience;
- preferably have knowledge in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning;
- have good experience in planning, security, project management and documentation;
- be mature, self-motivated, able to work independently and willing to work on shift;
- have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; and
- have a customer-oriented mindset with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Technical Officer.