Hang Seng Management College (HSMC), restructured from the former Hang Seng School of Commerce, was established in 2010 as a non-profit-making private university-level institution with five Schools (Business, Communication, Decision Sciences, Humanities & Social Science, and Translation), about 5,000 full-time students and 185 full-time faculty members. Adopting the unique “Liberal + Professional” education model, HSMC is a residential-type institution which puts quality teaching and students’ all-round development as its highest priorities. Aspiring to be a leading private university in Hong Kong, HSMC features top-quality faculty members, award-winning green campus facilities, innovative degree programmes, impactful research, and excellent student support services, with the aim of nurturing young talents with critical thinking, innovative minds, human caring and social responsibilities.
The College now invites applications in relation to the Research Project, “Establishment of a Deep Learning Research & Application Centre”, funded by the Research Grants Council (RGC). Successful applicants will have the exciting opportunity to assist in applying cutting-edge technologies in Deep Learning (a branch of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning) to different research projects, possibly in collaboration with industry partners.
Technical Officer – Department of Computing
- to assist in developing an efficient and reliable Deep Learning environment for various innovative research domain/themes; and
- to disseminate in Hong Kong and elsewhere, the experience and results of applying Deep Learning innovatively to various problems in different domains.
- possess a PhD degree either in IT, Computer Science or any relevant discipline, preferably with research experience;
- have relevant software development experience;
- preferably have knowledge in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning;
- be mature, self-motivated and able to work independently;
- have excellent analytical and problem solving skills; and
- have a customer-oriented mindset with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the post of Assistant Technical Officer.