In 2016/17, THEi will offer 20 degree programmes through three faculties.
Faculty of Design and Environment: Advertising, Fashion Design, Product Design, Landscape Architecture, Landscape Architecture (2-year professional programme), Horticulture and Landscape Management, and Surveying (jointly with the Faculty of Science and Technology).
Faculty of Management and Hospitality: Sports and Recreation Management, Culinary Arts and Management, Professional Accounting, Hotel Operations Management, Public Relations and Management, and Retail Management.
Faculty of Science and Technology: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Management, Building Services Engineering, Health Care, Food Science and Safety, Multimedia Technology and Innovation, Information and Communications Technology.
In 2016/17, seven programmes (Fashion Design, Product Design, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture and Landscape Management, Culinary Arts and Management, Civil Engineering, and Environmental Engineering and Management) will be in the Government’s Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions / Sectors, which provides subsidies to students varying from $40,000 to $70,000 per year.
All the programmes are accredited by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications. Most of them are also accredited by the relevant professional bodies.
A new campus is being built on a site in Chai Wan next door to the Institute of Vocational Education (IVE) campus at Chai Wan. It is scheduled for completion in 2017/18.
Term / Temporary Executive Assistant II/III
(a) To provide clerical and general administrative support to Faculty / Department / Operational Unit of the Institute;
(b) To draft official correspondence, including emails, letters and notices;
(c) To assist in document management, and the compilation of management reports and statistics;
(d) To handle enquiries and provide counter services;
(e) To provide secretarial and administrative support to the management of the Institute; and
(f) To assist in the supervision of junior / minor grade staff.
(a) (i) 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) at Grade E / Level 2 or above including English Language (Syllabus B)*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, or equivalent; OR
(ii) 3 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination at Level 2 or above, including English Language*, Chinese Language and Mathematics, plus a combination of Level 2 in two other HKDSE subjects, "Attained" in Applied Learning subjects (up to 2 subjects) and Grade E in other language subjects; OR
(iii) A recognised Certificate / Diploma / Foundation Diploma / Foundation Certificate, or Project Yi Jin;
* Completion of Hong Kong Vocational English Programme (HKVEP) at Level 2 / passing 5 specific VTC’s Vocational English Module Certificates is considered an alternative qualification.
(b) A high proficiency in the use of computer software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Chinese word processing;
(c) Good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills; and
(d) Ability to work independently and be a good team player.
(1) Applicants without the academic qualifications required but have completed Form 5 or equivalent may be considered for the post of “Term / Temporary Executive Assistant III”.
(2) Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend and pass a computer skills test in MS Word, Chinese word processing (Chajei (倉頡) or Quick/Easy (速成)) and MS Excel.
(3) The appointee(s) may be required to work irregular hours or shifts and perform duties on Saturdays and Sundays as necessary.
(4) The remuneration package will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
(5) Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements in the last 6 months need not re-apply.