Our Veterinary Department in Sha Tin, highly renowned as a world class equine hospital provides a dedicated and high level of care and attention to ensure optimum health and well-being of all racehorses, horses and ponies in Hong Kong.
- Assist Veterinary Surgeons while performing routine diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Equine Hospital.
- Help prepare and clean clinical equipment, including the operating theatre and associated facilities.
- Liaise with stables to arrange examination and re-examination of horses.
- Assist Veterinary Surgeon when horses are put to sleep and during post mortem examinations
- Be required to perform duties out of office hours, including routine race days and emergency cases.
- Undertake further training in equine nursing equivalent to Certificate II level, and high potentials candidates can look forward to Certificate IV level in nursing skills or selected specialities such as digital imaging.
You should have a minimum of:
- Level 2 or equivalent or above in five subjects including English Language in HKDSE, or equivalent ; or 5 passes in HKCEE including English.
- Valid class 1 & 2 driving licences
- Knowledge in Microsoft applications and proficiency in both English and Chinese are also essential
- Relevant experience in animal nursing, especially equine healthcare, will be considered an advantage.
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A two-year contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate with an option for renewal subject to performance and mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to the Human Resources Department, The Hong Kong Jockey Club, 8/F, Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (852) 2966-6984.
Closing date for applications is 29 November 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.