Taikang Asset Management Co., Ltd. (hereafter simplified as “Taikang AMC” or “the Company”) was set up in February 2006 with its predecessor as the asset management centre of Taikang Life Insurance Co., Ltd. Its registered capital reached RMB 1 billion.
Up to June 30, 2016, its net assets exceeded RMB 5.6 billion, and the assets under management exceeded RMB 900 billion. Besides the assets entrusted by the parent company Taikang Insurance Group Co., Ltd., the Company’s third party business exceeded RMB 430 billion, among which the enterprise annuity assets exceeded RMB 120 billion, ranking second among all enterprise annuity investment managers in China.
In November 2007, its wholly-owned subsidiary Taikang Asset Management (Hong Kong) Company Limited was established in Hong Kong. Taikang Asset (HK) has been licensed by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (“SFC”) for Type 4 (Advising on Securities) and Type 9 (Asset Management) regulated activity, and is looking for professionals who have good understanding of the asset management or financial services industry, and capability of coping effectively with the changing environment to join the rapidly growing team.
Vice President & Senior Credit Analyst
Job Title: Vice President & Senior Credit Analyst
Department: Fixed Income, Investment Department
Recruiting Number: 1
Job location: Hong Kong
The incumbent is responsible for covering investment grade (IG) and high yield (HY) bond markets. Work on corporate credits and make fundamental recommendations on new issues and secondary market bonds. Work closely with portfolio managers and an incumbent senior credit analyst.
- Report to the Executive Director & Head of Fixed Income
- Cover Investment Grade (IG) and High Yield (HY) bonds and develop coverage list in conjunction with portfolio needs
- Analyze financial statements, attends management meetings, build financial models, analyze bond covenants and articulates fundamental/investment opinion to portfolio managers
- Develop industry and fundamental outlooks which also serves as an important input into the portfolio construction process
- Attend and participate in investment team meetings for our high grade and high yield portfolios. Participate in relative value discussions, offer fundamental input on credit trades and offer research perspective on portfolio construction issues
- Other ad hoc projects/tasks
- Undergraduate degree holder of Economics, Finance or other relevant subjects; CPA, CFA designation preferred
- Must have minimum 5 years of relevant credit research experience in asset management firm or investment bank
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, and computing skills desired, with knowledge of standard desktop software tools required
- Able to distill a substantial amount of qualitative and quantitative information (operational and financial) into a succinct, coherent and actionable investment thesis
- Strong work ethic and team player; willingness to work with people at all levels to promote the common interest
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin)