About T&T Supermarket Inc.
Established in 1993 with Head Office located in Richmond B.C., Canada, T&T Supermarket Inc. (www.tnt-supermarket.com) is a unique place to work for, bringing dynamic people with diverse backgrounds, experience, and talent together. Our mission is to enrich the lifestyle of our customers by bringing Asian-Canadian families fresh foods that they love, and introducing to mainstream Canadian families the diversity of Asian food culture at stores that offer exceptional convenience, service, and value.
Warehouse & Distribution Manager, Western Region, Canada
|Work exp||Minimum 5 Years|
|Language||Chinese - Cantonese, Chinese - Mandarin, English|
|Benefits||5-day week, Dental plan, Discretionary bonus, General holidays, Insurance plan, Medical plan, Statutory holidays|
|Industry||Retail - Stores|
Logistics / Transportation > Warehousing / Storage / Distribution
Reporting to the Director, Central Operations, the Warehouse & Distribution Manager is responsible for the operations and budget of warehouse facilities and product distribution, including the identification of opportunities for warehousing operations and transportation improvements to fully support the goal of company.
Richmond, BC, Canada
1. Budgeting and cost control
- Plan and budget for annual operational expenses and capital expenditure
- Review periodically the departmental financial report, and ensure the budget is met
- Set up departmental KPI, and ensure departmental productivity goals are met or exceeded
2. Operation planning and process improvement
- Ensure and improve operation and meet company strategies and goals.
- Review periodically the operation processes to improve and ensure departmental goals are met
- Monitor and plan for manpower requirement
- Oversee facility resources and plan for solution to potential capacities shortage
- Establish operation standards , oversee to ensure operation processes are carried out correctly
3. Warehouse & Distribution Work Flow Management
- Manage various warehouse activities include Transportation Management, Merchandise Dispatching, Inventory Control and Merchandising Receiving
- Ensure inventory control processes be strictly and effectively carried out
- Ensure inventory accuracy level meet requirement
4. Regulatory compliance, Work Safety and Food Safety
- Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within the warehouse operations department
- Ensure food safety regulations / requirements be met in processes, environment and personnel.
- Ensure the workplace be safe for all staffs
- Ensure the working environment be suitable for the health of employees
5. People Management
- Responsible for staff selection, provide directions, supervision and training for warehouse and distribution staff in order to ensure efficient and profitable operations
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Brief team supervisors and staff when needed
6. Perform any other ad hoc duties assigned by the superior as required
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Possessed a diploma or degree in supply chain/material management/inventory management preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years management experience in warehouse and distribution operations, preferably for chain retail stores such as inventory control, receiving, storage, distribution, merchandising, retail, stores operations and market awareness will be an asset
- Must possess supervisory and/or managerial experience for at least 40 staff
- A strong commitment to leadership and people management. Excellent interpersonal skills, and exhibit an awareness of and sensitivity to other cultures. Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution skills, flexibility are required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a good sense in numbers
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills with the ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to work independently and effective in team setting
- Ability to receive and give written and verbal instructions in a clear manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and the ability to understand Chinese (Cantonese &/or Mandarin) will be an asset.
- Proficient in using Windows applications including Word processing, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Enhanced computer skill in warehouse management system and/or enterprise resource planning / Supply chain system is a plus.