Wildfaces was established with primary focus of developing its own core vision-based algorithms from scratch rather than using open source code to ensure that its technologies would not be impacted by any China-US trade war. WildFaces is committed to developing technologies that are robust and can cope with difficult real-life scenarios including very complex and congested situations.
Company Founders have seen many companies that attempt to go to market quickly by relying heavily on existing open-source AI software. Unfortunately, this results in all of them producing similar, me-too capabilities which results in them facing severe competition. Without access to the original core technologies they have no ability to adapt and enhance their products. This results in them failing to deliver reliable solutions that are needed to meet customers’ specific needs.
WIldfaces’ founders believe in investing to build the company’s own self-owned core AI technologies which enable the company to achieve its objectives which include:
- To be able to offer reliable, working solutions with the capability & knowhow to change & enhance its own algorithms continuously
- To be unconstrained by the ongoing China-US trade war
- To be able to offer WildFaces’ cost-effective algorithms against open source competition to complement Tensorflow and other similar products. WildFaces can compete effectively in this space as its algorithmic approach requires no/minimal dataset, no/minimal labelling effort, low resolution video input (resulting in minimal computation requirements
- To offer solutions that are cost effective requiring minimal storage and network bandwidth
- To offer solutions that are fully privacy protected
Company’s achievement so far:
Wildfaces have been able to demonstrate that a company from the Hong Kong region could build world class technologies that would be sought after even in the most advanced countries of the world.
- The company has already granted its patent in its own name (and access to technology based on the numerous other patents that the Founders own).
- The company has won numerous awards and its capability was recognized recently by Gartner in their report positioning it against 97 similar global companies as providing the most comprehensive video based application capability worldwide.
- The company has already attracted Angel funding
- The company has started gaining traction and its technology has already been deployed in Hong Kong including for a leading transportation organization for preventive maintenance, a food manufacturing plant for improving energy efficiency, for government law enforcement organization, at a Science Park campus for smart access and for the Hong Kong Transportation Department for enforcing safety.