South China Morning Post Publishers Limited (“SCMPP”) intends to collect and use your personal data as set out in paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Collection Statement (“PICS”) for the purposes referred in paragraph 2 of the PICS.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
South China Morning Post Publishers Limited (referred to hereinafter as the “SCMPP”) recognises its responsibilities in relation to the collection, holding, processing, use and/or transfer of personal data under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (“PDPO”) and all applicable laws and regulations in force from time to time. Personal data will be collected only for lawful and relevant purposes and all practicable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data held by SCMPP is accurate. SCMPP will take all practicable steps to ensure security of the personal data and to avoid unauthorised or accidental access, erasure or other use.
Please note that if you do not provide SCMPP with your personal data, SCMPP may not be able to provide the information, products or services you need or process your request.
SCMPP may collect personal information and/or data about you such as your name, login ID and password, address, email address, phone number, credit card number and expiry date, identity reference, age, gender, date of birth, country of residence, household income, employment status, occupation and any other information you agree to disclose to SCMPP.
From time to time it is necessary for SCMPP to collect your personal data which may be used, stored, processed, transferred, disclosed or shared by SCMPP for purposes, including:
- offering, providing and marketing to you the products/services of SCMPP, other companies within the group of companies of which SCMPP forms part (“SCMPP Affiliates”) or SCMPP’s business partners (see “Use and provision of personal data in direct marketing” below), and administering, maintaining, managing and operating such products/services;
- processing and evaluating any registration, subscription orders, deliveries, uses, enquiries, feedbacks or requests made by you for products/services offered by SCMPP and SCMPP Affiliates;
- processing your registration, subscriptions and related-billing and payment in relation to any products/services offered by SCMPP and SCMPP Affiliates;
- providing subsequent services to you, including but not limited to administering the policies issued;
- running competitions, prize draws and promotions;
- designing products/services for you;
- conducting market research for statistical or other purposes;
- matching any data held which relates to you from time to time for any of the purposes listed herein;
- any purposes in connection with any claims made by or against or otherwise involving you in respect of any products/services provided by SCMPP and/or SCMPP Affiliates, including investigation of claims;
- making disclosure as required by any applicable law, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement purposes, investigations by police or other government or regulatory authorities in Hong Kong or elsewhere;
- contacting you about specific recruitment opportunities if you register search criteria information on SCMPP’s recruitment sites;
- carrying out other services in connection with the operation of SCMPP’s business; and
- all other incidental and associated purposes relating to any of the above, including seeking professional advices.
Personal data held by SCMPP relating to an individual will be kept confidential but may be provided to the following parties within Hong Kong for the purposes set out in paragraph 2 above except that any transfer of data to another party for sales and marketing purpose will be subject to paragraph 4 below:
- any of the SCMPP’s affiliates;
- delivery agents of SCMPP for delivering the newspapers and/or other products in respect of your subscription or free trial;
- any agent, contractor or third party who provides administrative, technology or other services (including direct marketing services) to SCMPP and/or SCMPP Affiliates in Hong Kong and who has a duty of confidentiality to the same;
- credit reference agencies or, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of SCMPP’s rights or business; and
- any government department or other appropriate governmental or regulatory authority in Hong Kong or elsewhere.
SCMPP intends to use your personal data in direct marketing and SCMPP requires your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose. In this connection, please note that SCMPP may:
- conduct direct marketing (including but not limited to providing reward, loyalty or privileges programmes) in relation to the following classes of products and services that SCMPP, SCMPP Affiliates, SCMPP’s co-branding partners and SCMPP’s business partners may offer:
- insurance, banking, provident fund or scheme, IPO, financial services, securities and related products and services;
- products and services on airlines, hotel and resort, sauna and health club, travel and transportation, tourism board, entertainment, spa and similar relaxation activities.
- products and services on cosmetics, beauty and skin care, biotech, health, medical devices, pharmacy and medicine, wellness and medical.
- products and services on eyewear and optical companies, fashion and apparel, sports equipment, sports event, sporting activities and membership, jewellery and watch, flower shop, stationery and toys, department stores and shopping malls
- I.T., electronics goods and electrical appliances, mobile phones and accessories, telecommunications, media and related products and services.
- food and beverage, restaurants, wine related products and services.
- products and services on design, automotive, education, antique and auction, arts and gallery, boat and accessories, children, china government, local and oversea property, China property, furniture and household item, interior design, constructions, consulate, listed company, holding company, industry association, non-governmental organization, energy, exhibitions, general trade and association, government services, personal announcement, pets and accessories, post services, public utilities, professional services, publication, career, security services, shipping and logistics.
- the above products and services may be provided by SCMPP and/or:
- any of SCMPP Affiliates;
- the business partners or co-branding partners of SCMPP and/or affiliates providing the products and services set out in paragraph 4.1 above;
- third party reward, loyalty or privileges programme providers supporting SCMPP or any of the above listed entities
- in addition to marketing the above products and services, SCMPP also intends to provide the data described in paragraph 1 above to all or any of the persons described in paragraph 4.2 above for use by them in marketing those products and services, and SCMPP requires your written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for that purpose;
- SCMPP may receive money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons in paragraph 4.3 above and, when requesting your consent or no objection as described in paragraph 4.3 above, SCMPP will inform you if it will receive any money or other property in return for providing the data to the other persons.
If you do not wish SCMPP to use or provide to other persons your personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying SCMPP at any time and without charge. To opt-out, please notify SCMPP by opting out when prompted to provide written consent to direct marketing in any communication to you or inform SCMPP in writing to the address in the section on “Access and correction of personal data”.
Under the PDPO, you have the right to ascertain whether SCMPP holds your personal data, to obtain a copy of the data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. You may also request SCMPP to inform you of the type of personal data held by it.
Requests for access and correction or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held by SCMPP should be addressed in writing to SCMPP’s cpjobs.com at:
South China Morning Post Publishers Limited
Morning Post Centre
22 Dai Fat Street, Tai Po Industrial Estate
New Territories, Hong Kong
A reasonable fee may be charged to offset SCMPP’s administrative and actual costs incurred in complying with your data access requests.
- While cookies are capable of collecting information set out in 6.1 above, such information is collected on an aggregated basis. None of the information is associated with you as in individual.