KPMG is part of a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. KPMG International operates in 155 countries and has more than 174,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
Associate Director - Actuarial Advisory Services
We are seeking exceptional actuaries with strong communication and client service skills to join our Actuarial Advisory practice. We offer our actuaries the opportunity to work with risk, accounting, tax and transaction advisory professionals in diverse and exciting roles. We also have a supportive global network of actuaries (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that works together to serve our multinational clients. We provide on-the-job support and coaching, and sponsor actuarial examinations.
As an Associate Director, you will provide guidance and support to clients in Hong Kong and China, and across Asia (including Malaysia, Indonesia, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Vietnam). We are looking for actuaries with the technical expertise to specialise and the adaptability to provide services across a range of areas.
- Develop economic capital and risk-based capital models and reporting
- Advise on regulatory framework development
- Assess and implement IFRS 4 Phase II
- Enhance enterprise risk management (ERM)
- Conduct product pricing
- Perform actuarial due diligence and support wider financial and tax due diligence for M&A projects
- Support the internal audit reviews of pricing, reserving and risk & capital functions
- Deliver efficient, quality actuarial audit services
- Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior actuarial staff
Experience and Background
- Qualified actuaries with around 10 years of relevant actuarial experience in the life insurance industry
- Candidates who are nearly qualified or with less experience will be considered for the Manager position
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; Mandarin is an advantage
- Self-starters with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ambitious about broadening actuarial experience and accelerating career progression
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.